Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > How to add allow meeting message

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

How to add allow meeting message

[Villanueva, Chris]
Chris Villanuev…

SecurityPlus
Chris Villanueva - 03:30pm, Mar 24 2016

Hello,

Currently, I have a rule defined as...
- X-Return-Path header does not contain list of legit @domain.com we wish to allow
- and if Subject Header contains list of search text we wish to block
- then send note to admin, including original email attached.
- and move message to folder SPAM Yes
- and stop processing.

In general, it works great. The legit ones go to their recipients.

The admin gets the junk ones in Outlook. He can screen those and delete the junk. Or forward any legit ones.

Recently, 1 legit got flagged as junk. It is actually a meeting invite from google calendar. The sender is already in the legit list I gave earlier.

I'm guessing this is because a meeting header differs from an email one.

How can this be adjusted? Is there a better way?

Jay Tolbert - Mar 25, 2016 7:44 am (#1 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert
Guru
Guru

RelayFax
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
There are two conditions, X-Return-Path and Subject Header. Both have
to match for the rule to run. So, I would assume the X-Return-Path must
not be matching the @domain.com value. Look at that message and add
that value in that message for X-Return-Path as an additional item to
your list.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 3/24/2016 3:30 PM, Chris Villanueva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently, I have a rule defined as...
> - X-Return-Path header does not contain list of legit @domain.com we
> wish to allow
> - and if Subject Header contains list of search text we wish to block
> - then send note to admin, including original email attached.
> - and move message to folder SPAM Yes
> - and stop processing.
>
> In general, it works great. The legit ones go to their recipients.
>
> The admin gets the junk ones in Outlook. He can screen those and
> delete the junk. Or forward any legit ones.
>
> Recently, 1 legit got flagged as junk. It is actually a meeting invite
> from google calendar. The sender is already in the legit list I gave
> earlier.
>
> I'm guessing this is because a meeting header differs from an email one.
>
> How can this be adjusted? Is there a better way?

Chris Villanueva - Apr 7, 2016 1:14 pm (#2 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Chris Villanuev…

SecurityPlus
Thanks, Jay.

Yes, X-Return-Path isn't matching because this google email/calendar invite has a different type of header.

For now, I made another rule to watch for several lines, in this type of email:

DTSTART
DTEND
DTSTAMP
ORGANIZER
UID
ATTENDEE
CREATED
DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY

If all are found, it sends me a note and stops processing. This is the first time I've send this type of email. If we get another, at least I'll know about it and it won't get caught by the next rules that catch the junk.

[Last Editor: Chris Villanueva, Apr 7, 2016 1:16 pm. Total Edits: 1]