Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > copy message rule duplicates messages

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

copy message rule duplicates messages

[Brambilla, Danilo]
Danilo Brambill…
Danilo Brambilla - 06:02am, Apr 5 2016

I'm a bit confused about this rule I wrote:

Apply this rule to messages in LOCAL & REMOTE queue
If the FROM HEADER contains 'user1@mydomain.com'
...then copy this message to 'user2@mydomain.com'

When user1 sends an email to say 3 CC local users, the above rule creates 3 copies of the very same email to user2 mailbox.

Is this the expected behavior? How can I prevent this?

Thank you in advance for help

Ian Carter (apparently) - Apr 5, 2016 12:23 pm (#1 Total: 1)

Ian Carter
Guru
Guru
Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to prevent this from happening.

When the message is accepted by MDaemon, it's written to the inbound queue.  MDaemon determines who the message is destined to and then routes a copy of the message to the desired recipients.

The content filter sees each of those messages as separate messages so the rule will be triggered on each copy of the message.

If someone following this thread has a solution for this type of scenario, please feel free to post.

--
Ian Carter
Alt-N Technologies

Sent using Alt-N's own MDaemon Messaging Server
Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

I'm a bit confused about this rule I wrote:

Apply this rule to messages in LOCAL & REMOTE queue
If the FROM HEADER contains 'user1@mydomain.com'
..then copy this message to 'user2@mydomain.com'

When user1 sends an email to say 3 CC local users, the above rule creates 3 copies of the very same email to user2 mailbox.

Is this the expected behavior? How can I prevent this?

Thank you in advance for help

View/reply at copy message rule duplicates messages
This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON's Content
Filter. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-cfilter-unsubscribe@altn.com .