Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Upgrade to 17.5.0 was a disaster

Upgrade to 17.5.0 was a disaster

I'm not sure how many of you guys have already upgraded. We tried to go from v16.5 to v17.5. We were quickly back to v16.5.

Not only that MD became unavailable every half hour or so, the worst thing was that there were users that saw other (totally unrelated) users' mailbox contents. Since then the admins have the security guys up their a** which is not funny.

That alone would be a reason to dump this product.

Sorry I'm not amused, and I'd like everyone to know.

  (older msg: 5)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

J-M Roth - Oct 21, 2017 2:35 pm (#6 Total: 7)

Photo of Author
J-M Roth
One should add that the instabilities that we encountered may or may not be fixed in the next release (under investigation).
However the data leakage issue has apparently been clearly identified and fixed.
Once we were in contact with Arron, things started moving.

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Oct 23, 2017 10:08 am (#7 Total: 7)

Administrator
Administrator

We have confirmed that the crashes you were seeing are not fixed in 17.5.1. I have submitted bugs for these issues and the developers are currently investigating the issues.

Director of Product Development
Alt-N Technologies
http://www.altn.com

Sent using Alt-N's own MDaemon Messaging Server
Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

One should add that the instabilities that we encountered may or may not be fixed in the next release (under investigation).
However the data leakage issue has apparently been clearly identified and fixed.
Once we were in contact with Arron, things started moving.

View/reply at Upgrade to 17.5.0 was a disaster

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@altn.com .

support and discussion.  Alt-N staff members may participate in the