Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Is possible to know the matched string in a CF filter?

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

Is possible to know the matched string in a CF filter?

[Seibei, Tasagore]
Tasagore Seibei
Tasagore Seibei - 06:42am, Dec 4 2017

Hi

Sometimes a message matchs some CF rule and is forwarded to bad queue.

We have a step in the rule that sends a message to postmaster notifying that but we need to know what is the string that has been detected. Is there any way or macro in the NOTE step that can tell us what is the detected string?

Regards

Jared Charles (apparently) - Dec 14, 2017 4:23 pm (#1 Total: 2)

Jared Charles
Jedi
Jedi

Hello Tasagore,

The information regarding which specific string matched a condition is only shown in the log, and there is not currently a way to pass those results on for use in an action.  However, if you would like, I could submit a wish list request for a macro to be created that can used with the "Send a NOTE" action to populate the specific string that matched the condition.

Would that address what you are trying to accomplish?

Regards,

--

Jared Charles

Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.

www.altn.com

Sent using Alt-N's own MDaemon Messaging Server

Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!