Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > ClamAV scanning error 8 (clamd-error)

ClamAV scanning error 8 (clamd-error)

[Beumer, Will]
Will Beumer
Will Beumer - 04:58am, Jun 1 2018

Since last night I get ClamAV scanning error 8 (clamd-error).
Logfile reads:
c:/mdaemon/temp/md50000000089.tmp: Can't create temporary directory ERROR
What is changed so this error happens and what should I do.
c:/mdaemon/temp does exist

David.Cyrus@mdaemon.com - Jun 5, 2018 10:27 am (#1 Total: 1)

Are you running MDaemon v18.0.0 or higher?

If you are running MDaemon v17.5.x or earlier, are you running the most recent version of SecurityPlus (v5.5.2)?

If not, please upgrade to SecurityPlus v5.5.2.

From the SecurityPlus release notes:

SecurityPlus v5.5.2 - April 17, 2018

CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES

[20408] Reverted Cyren AV engine to AVSDK 5.4.30.7. This fixes some possible scanning error issues.

SecurityPlus v5.5.2 is available for download from the following URL

    * http://archive.altn.com/antivirus/Archive/5.5.2/

I assume that the license renewal coverage is current on your registration key for SecurityPlus/MDaemon Antivirus and it will allow you to upgrade to the current version if you are not already running it.