Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > MDaemon and Mailstore MDPGP

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Support  /

MDaemon and Mailstore MDPGP

[Damerau, Martin]
Martin Damerau
Martin Damerau - 02:45am, Jun 4 2018

Hello,

we use MDaemon in conjunction with MailStore Server.
The Mailstore Server has been set up according to MDaemon instructions.
There will be a copy via content filter of each incoming and outgoing e-mail to the order of user
Mailstore is copied and MailStore then automatically archives the emails.

Now we use MDPGP for a short time, now encrypted emails arrive in the Achriv folder,
Now, the question arises, how can I recover from an emergency mailstore
to decrypt the encrypted emails?

Encryption / decryption is automatically done by MDaemon Server.

Is there another way to encrypt / decrypt emails at the entrance or exit?

In the content filter there is the possibility of the following selection

[] Encrypt message with user's public key
[] Decrypt message with user's private key

Here I can only select one user and have no option for * (all MDaemon users)

---
Martin

  (older msg: 3)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Martin Damerau - Jun 4, 2018 5:07 pm (#4 Total: 6)

Photo of Author
Martin Damerau
Replying to: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com (Jun 4, 2018 3:29 pm)
MDaemon allows you to change the passphrase by going to Security / MDPGP / Change Passphrase.  MDaemon uses the same...

Ok, I thought MDaemon created automatic different passphrase for the keys.
I will change these for the PGP keys.

I have activated it again and the incoming PGP emails are being decrypted, but the outgoing ones are still encrypted.
Is this normal or a bug? If it's not a bug, I still have the problem with outgoing encrypted emails.

I do not want to use this via IMAP for mailstore, I'm too insecure for the archiverung.

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Jun 5, 2018 3:13 pm (#5 Total: 6)

I have activated it again and the incoming PGP emails are being decrypted, but the outgoing ones are still encrypted.
Is this normal or a bug?

I believe this was done intentionally.

> If it's not a bug, I still have the problem with outgoing encrypted emails.

Once the message is encrypted, in most cases MDaemon cannot decrypt it because MDaemon doesn’t have access to the private key of the recipient.

I wasn’t able to find a way to archive outbound messages before they were encrypted.  The first action MDaemon takes is to process the message using MDPGP.

The only place to get a copy of the message unencrypted would be from the user’s sent items folder.

I have submitted a wish list item to give the administrator the option to either archive encrypted messages or archive decrypted messages.

Director of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

Ok, I thought MDaemon created automatic different passphrase for the keys.
I will change these for the PGP keys.

I have activated it again and the incoming PGP emails are being decrypted, but the outgoing ones are still encrypted.
Is this normal or a bug? If it's not a bug, I still have the problem with outgoing encrypted emails.

I do not want to use this via IMAP for mailstore, I'm too insecure for the archiverung.

View/reply at MDaemon and Mailstore MDPGP