Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > LetsEncrypt: AlternateHostNames

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

LetsEncrypt: AlternateHostNames

[Lynch, Phillip]
Phillip Lynch
Phillip Lynch - 07:19am, Apr 26 2019

In preparation for full deployment, I've been experimenting using LetsEncrypt through MDaemon to generate a certificate.  I've run into a problem when attempting to specify AlternateHostNames.

All's fine if I don't use any AlternateHostNames entries, and it's fine if I use a single AlternameHostNames entry.  However, if I attempt to specity multiple AlternateHostNames, the scripts stops.

Here is an example of the error I receive:

An error occurred during the LetsEncrypt process.
The error message is: Adding mail.dom1.com.au,mail.dom2.com.au,mail.dom3.com.au,mail.dom4.com.au_Cert_2019_04
as the Alias for mail.dom1.com.au,mail.dom2.com.au,mail.dom3.com.au,mail.dom4.com.au.

Has anyone had success creating a LetsEncrypt certificate through MDaemon with two or more AlternateHostNames?  If so, I'd love to see the command line your using.

If not, perhaps the AltN folk could advise if there is a general problem or point me in the right direction.

--MD-Configuration---------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions about the configuration of MDAEMON. To
unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-configuration-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

  (older msg: 4)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Apr 26, 2019 1:30 pm (#5 Total: 5)

Thanks for following up Phillip.  I’ll see if we can pull together a KB article on the topic.

Director of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: "md-configuration List Member" <md-configuration@mdaemon.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 10:46:00 -0500

There are a couple of issues with powershell command line that are causing issues for you.  The first is that without the –File parameter, powershell doesn’t like spaces in the path.

The second is that when you are passing multiple host names using the –AlternateHostNames parameter, you cannot use the –File parameter. If you are only passing a single altnernate host name, it works fine. I have not figured out why.

When passing multiple host names you’ll need to use something like the following which requires you to be in the C:\program files\mdaemon\letsencrypt\ directory in order for it to work.

C:\program files\mdaemon\letsencrypt> c:\windows\system32\Windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe .\letsencrypt.ps1 "-alternatehostnames mail1.domain.com,mail2.domain.com"

Or something like this:

c:\windows\system32\Windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "& 'c:\program files\MDaemon\LetsEncrypt\letsencrypt.ps1' -alternatehostnames mail1.domain.com,mail2.domain.com"

Unfortunately, this also means you won’t be able to use the UI in MDaemon to enable LetsEncrypt.  You will have to manually create a task in the Windows Task Scheduler or some other tool that can run the task on a schedule.

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: "md-configuration List Member" <md-configuration@mdaemon.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:30:00 -0500

Hi Phillip,

Yes we do it on our servers and it is configured using the UI available in MDaemon.

What version of MDaemon are you using?

What is the command line you are using?

Are you using the MDaemon user interface?

What directory is MDaemon installed in?