Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > Bulk Account Changes

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

Bulk Account Changes

[Wyatt, Martin]
Martin Wyatt
Martin Wyatt - 09:47am, May 28 2019

I need enable email forwarding for 300 users, each with a unique forwarding address. Each should also be set to "Retain a local copy of forwarded email".

Any ideas how I can do a bulk change like this?

Martin Wyatt - May 28, 2019 1:43 pm (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Martin Wyatt
Thanks. Can you elaborate a bit more? I forgot to mention that these 300 users are already active, live accounts.

md-configuration@mdaemon.com - May 28, 2019 2:04 pm (#3 Total: 4)

Well if you look in the documentation on groups and templates you can setup specific items for a group then add the existing users to that group and it should apply those settings.

The Group Manager (Accounts » Groups & Templates... » Group Manager) is used to create account Groups and manage which accounts belong to them. Groups have a number of different uses and functions. For example, using the Group Properties screen you can assign an account template to a Group, allowing you to control a variety of account settings for group members. You can also control whether or not group members have access to MDaemon Instant Messenger and instant messaging. Further, the Content Filter supports groups, allowing you to create rule conditions based on whether or not a message sender or recipient is a member of a specific Group. Finally, for Shared Folders you can assign Access Control List rights to specific Groups, meaning all members of that Group will share those access rights.

Virtual Bob

                   cid:798225114@16102007-3601

                    Robert E. Decker

                    Information Technology Consultant