Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > CreateUser MailDir Problem

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon API  /

CreateUser MailDir Problem

[Collins, Mark]
Mark Collins
Mark Collins - 05:59am, Jul 16 2019

I have seen this question has been asked before but I couldnt see a response that answered the question.

I am trying the set the MailDir for a new user I am creating using the below xml file. However when the user is created the MailDir is always going to c:/mdaemon/users/.

I have tried various options for the maildir
d:/mdaemon/users/adrianflux.co.uk/
d:/mdaemon/users/adrianflux.co.uk/mark.test2

also tried using the UpdateUser operation to set the maildir but this doesn't work

Any help would be fantasic

(?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?)
(MDaemon)
(API)
(Request version="19.0.0" echo="0" verbose="0")
(Operation)CreateUser(/Operation)
(Parameters)
(Domain)adrianflux.co.uk(/Domain)
(Mailbox)mark.test2(/Mailbox)
(Details)
(Password)Password1(/Password)
(LastName)Test123(/LastName)
(MailDir)d:/MDaemon/Users/$DOMAIN$/$MAILBOX$/(/MailDir)
(/Details)
(/Parameters)
(/Request)
(/API)
(/MDaemon)

Keith Personett (apparently) - Jul 16, 2019 8:14 am (#1 Total: 1)

Keith Personett

MailDir is controlled by the New Accounts Template.

The Help file has a bug in that it is listed as a Request Element.

It is only available as a Response Element IF the account making the request is a Global Admin.

I will correct the help file.

Keith Personett, Software Developer, reenignE esreveR

MDaemon Technologies http://www.mdaemon.com/ or on Facebook

Sent using Outlook 2013 via ActiveSync Services for MDaemon Messaging Server.

I 16 1018

"You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed... walk it off!"

                - Steve Rogers/Captain America

[...]

View/reply at CreateUser MailDir Problem

This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .