Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Sync Public Contact with AD Contacts

Sync Public Contact with AD Contacts

[kwfoo@hovid.com]
kwfoo@hovid.com
kwfoo@hovid.com - 05:38am, Aug 23 2019

Hi,
We are currently using AD Authentication (objectCategory=Person, objectClass=User, mail=*@domain.com) and enable the Monitor AD to update Public Address Book.

When we change the AD user, it will update to the public contact without problem.

Can we setup to update the public address book using the AD Contacts instead of user?

kwfoo@hovid.com - Aug 26, 2019 8:52 pm (#2 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
kwfoo@hovid.com
Do you mean the search filter in the Active Directory ) Athentication ?

If we change this to filter to the Contacts, will it affect the AD authentication which we arealso using?

Jared Charles (apparently) - Aug 27, 2019 9:53 am (#3 Total: 3)

Jared Charles

If you are using the ”Monitor Active Directory for user account changes and create/update MDaemon accounts” feature to import AD accounts, then adding the “contact” ObjectClass to the Search Filter would cause the AD contacts to be imported as accounts.  If you wish to sync AD contacts with the address book without those AD contacts being created as MDaemon accounts, then this is not currently possible while the Monitor Active Directory for user account changes and create/update MDaemon accounts” option is enabled.

However, there is a request on our wish list for there to be a separate Search Filter field for importing accounts and for syncing public contacts.

Regards,
--
Jared Charles
Technical Application Support

U.S. Toll Free: 866-601-2586
International: 817-601-3222

Visit us on Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube

Sent using the MDaemon Messaging Server

Do you mean the search filter in the Active Directory ) Athentication ?

If we change this to filter to the Contacts, will it affect the AD authentication which we arealso using?

View/reply at Sync Public Contact with AD Contacts