Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > ActiveSync calendar sync hack help

ActiveSync calendar sync hack help

Greetings!

I have maybe 20 people using ActiveSync on iOS devices. Three or four times a month I have a few users who will tell me their calendar is out of sync with what is actually on the calendar.

This is a shared calendar, everyone has admin rights.

The fix has been, "Turn the calendar off and back on in settings" until today where I found I could remove the device from the client list in the ActiveSync settings and the next time the device connects it resyncs everything.

So, as a preemptive fix, I am consider settings up something that periodically removes the iPhone clients from the device list and then they will resync, possibly fixing the issue.

I understand this is pretty hacky but I have yet to be able to determine the cause of this as it seems to happen randomly to only one device at a time. I have yet to determine a pattern. Because everyone is travelling around so much the there is a general idea that it has something to do with the people who have their devices go out of service or roaming and back in, but not only does that not make sense, I have not been able to reproduce that.

Any assistance or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Jared Charles (apparently) - Sep 12, 2019 5:06 pm (#1 Total: 1)

Jared Charles

If this issue has anything to do with the user being in a location where there is no service, do any of them notice the problem immediately after they return?

When the calendar is out of sync with their calendar in MDaemon Webmail, are they able to create events in the ActiveSync calendar on their device and have it sync those events to the server so that they are displayed in that calendar within MDaemon Webmail?

The next time a user reports this problem, enable ActiveSync debug logging using these steps:
1. In MDaemon, click Setup | Mobile Device Management | ActiveSync

2. Enable "Enable advanced management options" and then click "Ok".

3. Click Setup | Mobile Device Management | ActiveSync for MDaemon | Diagnostics

4. Under "Logging and Archiving" change the "Log level" drop-down box to "Debug".

5. Click "Ok".

After enabling ActiveSync debug logging, please have the affected user create an event in that affected calendar within MDaemon Webmail.

After that, have the affected user create an event in that affected ActiveSync calendar on their device.

After running those tests, please confirm whether or not they synced and provide a copy of your “AirSync.log” file.

When sending, please compress that “AirSync.log” file into a ZIP file and then send it off-list to this address:
support@help.mdaemon.com

Use the following as the Subject of your message:
[md-support] ActiveSync calendar sync hack help

Please also note the address of the account that was used to perform those tests and at what exact time each test was performed.

Regards,
--
Jared Charles
Technical Application Support

U.S. Toll Free: 866-601-2586
International: 817-601-3222

Visit us on Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube

Sent using the MDaemon Messaging Server

[...]

View/reply at ActiveSync calendar sync hack help