Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon WorldClient Issues > Archive > Worldclient memory usage

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon WorldClient Issues  / Archive  /

Worldclient memory usage

[Peek, Dan]
Dan Peek
Dan Peek - 06:40pm, Oct 8 2019

I have worldclient running and about 12 users who mainly use caldav. When my users check the public calendar using caldav, worldclient memory climbs until the system memory (16GB) is exhausted.

Can you please give me an idea why this is happening?

Thanks,
Dan

  (older msg: 28)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Sebastiaan Horn - Nov 26, 2019 5:20 am (#29 Total: 30)

Photo of Author
Sebastiaan Horn
As of this Monday we're experiencing the same problem on our MDaemon 17.5.4 server.
The WorldClient began to consume all the available memory that ended in various crashes, creating huge memory dumps that filled almost the entire hard drive.
The only thing thatís recently changed on the Windows 2016 Server is the installation of 2 security updates from Microsoft this Sunday (KB4520724 & KB4525236)
After the installations on Sunday morning, the server was functioning normally all day, but on Monday morning, WorldClient started to use all the available memory.
After disabling the CalDAV/CardDAV server WorldClient stopped eating up all the memory.
Itís seems to me we have the same situation as mentioned by Dan Peek.

Kind Regards,
Sebastiaan

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Nov 26, 2019 8:25 am (#30 Total: 30)

Hi Sebastian,

If it is in fact the same issue, the easy solution is to upgrade to 19.5.1 where the issue has been fixed.   There are tons of other fixes and features included in MDaemon 18 and 19 that you could also benefit from. I’ve attached the release notes with all the changes since MDaemon 17.5.4.

If you are not open to upgrading please zip a couple of the memory dump files and upload them to our ftp server so that we can take a look:

Server: r2d2.altn.com

Username: Uploader

Password: incoming

As of this Monday we're experiencing the same problem on our MDaemon 17.5.4 server.
The WorldClient began to consume all the available memory that ended in various crashes, creating huge memory dumps that filled almost the entire hard drive.
The only thing that’s recently changed on the Windows 2016 Server is the installation of 2 security updates from Microsoft this Sunday (KB4520724 & KB4525236)
After the installations on Sunday morning, the server was functioning normally all day, but on Monday morning, WorldClient started to use all the available memory.
After disabling the CalDAV/CardDAV server WorldClient stopped eating up all the memory.
It’s seems to me we have the same situation as mentioned by Dan Peek.

Kind Regards,
Sebastiaan

View/reply at Worldclient memory usage

This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON and
WorldClient. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-wc-issues-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .