Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > MDC/Encryption?

MDC/Encryption?

I pay a third-party to have an add-on in Outlook that allows users to encrypt their emails when sending PII - this effectively moves the email thread to a browser session.

I have briefly reviewed the LetsEncrypt module in the manual and just don't see anything that could replace this third-party module.

Is there an option I could offer the Outlook users within MD to do this? If not, is this on the dev roadmap?

Thanks!

Jim

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Nov 11, 2019 12:12 pm (#1 Total: 2)

LetsEncrypt is a third party service that you can use to obtain free and trusted certificates.  To find out more please go to www.letsencrypt.org.

LetsEncrypt does not provide personal certificates for encrypting messages using SMIME.  If you’d like to use SMIME you can do so with Outlook by obtaining the appropriate certificates for users from any certificate authority that supports it.  SMIME can also be used with MDaemon Connector.  Another option would be to use MDaemon’s PGP implementation to encrypt/decrypt messages.

I pay a third-party to have an add-on in Outlook that allows users to encrypt their emails when sending PII - this effectively moves the email thread to a browser session.

I have briefly reviewed the LetsEncrypt module in the manual and just don't see anything that could replace this third-party module.

Is there an option I could offer the Outlook users within MD to do this? If not, is this on the dev roadmap?

Thanks!

Jim

View/reply at MDC/Encryption?