Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > MDaemon Disabled??

MDaemon Disabled??

Ok, just got a call that the mail server was down.

Check the server and the service, in services.msc is Disabled?!

Enabled it, started it, needed to kill it and restart it but is appears to be back up now.

Checking logs, no idea what might have caused this.

Obviously concerned.

Thoughts?

Jim Aguiar - Dec 3, 2019 8:52 am (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Jim Aguiar
That's why this was such a mystery:

It was straight up disabled. And not running.

No recent dump files. No windows system, application log entries of anything obvious. Nothing crashing that I could see related to MDaemon.

MDaemon "all" log shows it just stopping and starting when I started it:

  • SNIP* Mon 2019-12-02 18:52:40.392: ---------- End partial transcript.

    START Event Log / MDaemon PRO v19.5.0, all log information
  • SNIP*

    I am the only admin on the system. No apparent access during that time from me, or my account(s).

    Just odd...

  • Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 3, 2019 11:37 am (#3 Total: 4)

    The only way I know for the service to become disabled is for something outside of MDaemon set it to disabled.  MDaemon does not set its own service to disabled.

    Visit us on
    www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
    Sent using the
    MDaemon Email Server

    It was straight up disabled. And not running.

    No recent dump files. No windows system, application log entries of anything obvious. Nothing crashing that I could see related to MDaemon.

    MDaemon "all" log shows it just stopping and starting when I started it:

    ·  SNIP* Mon 2019-12-02 18:52:40.392: ---------- End partial transcript.

    START Event Log / MDaemon PRO v19.5.0, all log information

    ·  SNIP*

    I am the only admin on the system. No apparent access during that time from me, or my account(s).

    Just odd...

    View/reply at MDaemon Disabled??