Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Are there any Linux email clients that work with MDaemon's Activesync?

Are there any Linux email clients that work with MDaemon's Activesync?

[Jeff X]
Jeff X
Jeff X - 09:26pm, Jan 20 2020

Are there any Linux desktop email clients that work with the MDaemon's implementation of Activesync?

I tried Evolution but it will not connect when selecting the EWS server type. IMAP and POP works but neither is adequate when you need to sync email, calendars, tasks and notes.

Arron Caruth - Jan 21, 2020 5:05 pm (#1 Total: 1)

I should start off with the fact that my knowledge of email clients for Linux is limited to what I can find on google, my apologies if its wrong.

From what I’ve been reading Thunderbird works on Linux, and the Windows version of Thunderbird supports plugins for synching calendar and contact data through a WebDAV server, which MDaemon also supports.  So while it is not ActiveSync, it should get you closer to what you are looking for.

There may be a Linux client out there that supports ActiveSync, but it seems more likely that the Linux clients would support the webDAV server for synching, since its free.

If you do find an email client that supports ActiveSync, it should work with our implementation as it is following the ActiveSync specification.  EWS is not the same as ActiveSync though.

Are there any Linux desktop email clients that work with the MDaemon's implementation of Activesync?

I tried Evolution but it will not connect when selecting the EWS server type. IMAP and POP works but neither is adequate when you need to sync email, calendars, tasks and notes.

View/reply at Are there any Linux email clients that work with MDaemon's Activesync?