Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon WorldClient Issues > Archive > Address book for Worldclient from LDAP Active directory

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon WorldClient Issues  / Archive  /

Address book for Worldclient from LDAP Active directory

[sweet99@mail.ru]
sweet99@mail.ru
sweet99@mail.ru - 03:32am, Feb 18 2020
Iceberg

I need to connect addrbook for WC. In earlier versions I used file
C:/Mdaemon/WorldClient/AddrLookup.ini
with such settings:
[LDAP1]
Host=10.10.1.3:389
Descr=Our-ADRBOOK
TimeLimit=15
SizeLimit=1000
Base=
Filter=(cn=*NAME*)
NameAttr=cn
MailAttr=mail

I see in WC my addrbook with name "Our-ADDRBOOK " but there are no mail addresses and search doesnot work.

So, how do I connect my address book to WC? I don 't need any AD integration for Mdaemon, but only ADDRBOOK for WC

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Jonathan Merkel - Feb 24, 2020 11:51 am (#3 Total: 5)

Jonathan Merkel
> Address book for Worldclient from LDAP Active directory with file C:/Mdaemon/WorldClient/AddrLookup.ini - It is supported in new version of Mdaemon ?

Yes.

> Or what I need set correctly in [LDAP1] section ? May be in BASE= , or Filter= ?

Try setting Base=dc=local.  Have you set BindDN and BindPW?  Those are needed if the LDAP server requires authentication.

--
Jonathan Merkel
Vice President of Application Development

From: "lists-md-worldclient-issues@mdaemon.com" <lists-md-worldclient-issues@mdaemon.com>
To: "md-wc-issues List Member" <md-wc-issues@mdaemon.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 05:48:03 -0500
Subject: [md-wc-issues] Address book for Worldclient from LDAP Active directory

Version of Mdaemon was 13.0.4, now 19.5.1 and it is now in other enterprise. It was 5 years ago and Windows domain was 2003, now Windows domain version 2016. I tried ldap requests by the ldapsearch utility from a machine with Mdaemon.
Set base of search of OU= **, DC= **, DC=local
Set object Filter: (&(objectClass=*)(objectCategory=Person))
Then search by attributes: cn, mail
 and I get normal answers.

Address book for Worldclient from LDAP Active directory with file C:/Mdaemon/WorldClient/AddrLookup.ini - It is supported in new version of Mdaemon ? Or what I need set correctly in [LDAP1] section ? May be in BASE= , or Filter= ?

--MD-WC-ISSUES-------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON and
WorldClient. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-wc-issues-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

sweet99@mail.ru - Feb 24, 2020 11:49 pm (#4 Total: 5)

Iceberg

Photo of Author
sweet99@mail.ru
Where are BindDN and BindPW I must set?
In [LDAP1] section ?

Jonathan Merkel - Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm (#5 Total: 5)

Jonathan Merkel
Yes, in the [LDAP1] section.  Prefix the values with - and the server will encrypt them the next time it reads them.  For example,

BindDN=-cn=read-only-admin,dc=example,dc=com
BindPW=-password