Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Message that Crashes MDaemon LocalQ MD19.5.4

Message that Crashes MDaemon LocalQ MD19.5.4

[md-support, Simon Sutcliffe via]
Simon Sutcliffe…
Simon Sutcliffe via md-support - 12:34pm, Feb 24 2020
Guest User

Team

I have a dump of the MDProcess available and a message file that appears to stop the LocalQ processing.

Where should I upload it to and for who's attention?

Cheers

Simon

  (older msg: 7)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Simon Sutcliffe via md-support - Feb 26, 2020 1:52 am (#8 Total: 8)

Thanks Arron

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Date : Wednesday, February 26 2020 01:01:00

Yes, we had issues with clients displaying the message too. I’d start by finding the message in the routing log, it will show each mailbox and folder it was copied to and what the file name was. As long as there aren’t any client side rules and the users didn’t move the messages they should be exactly where MDaemon put them.

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 07:54:00 -0600

In my test, MDaemon did eventually deliver the message, it took about 30 minutes though.  We are working on optimizing our code to improve  performance.

It looks to me like the message was created by Apple Mail, is that correct?

If you open the message in a text editor you will notice about 400,000 lines of gibberish.  Any idea why the client is including it all?

Does every message this person sends include the same thing?

If you can stop the client from including this, you will work around the issue.

Another option would be to put a limit on the size of messages they can send.

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:23:00 -0600

Hello,

You can upload the files to our FTP server:

Server: r2d2.altn.com

Username: Uploader

Password: incoming

Once the files are uploaded please let us know the name of the file(s) that you uploaded and I will take a look.