Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > MDaemon SMTP Login

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

MDaemon SMTP Login

Hello,
I have the following problem.

When I set up a connection to the server with Telnet and log in there
with an existing e-mail address, the following happens.

telnet hostname.testserverxxxxx.de 25

220 hostname.testserverxxxxx.de ESMTP MDaemon 20.0.1; Sun, 30 Aug 2020
11:35:02 AM +0200
helo mail.testserverxxxxx.de
250 hostname.testserverxxxxx.de Hello mail.testserverxxxxx.de
[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], pleased to meet you
mail from: username@testserverxxxxx.de
250 2.1.0 Sender OK

I can then use the system to send emails.
No authentication is asked

My beta test server reports this process immediately
530 5.7.0 Authentication required

Which setting do I have to activate on the real system?

---
Martin

Arron Caruth - Aug 31, 2020 6:51 am (#1 Total: 2)

Based on your posts in the MD-Support group it looks like you have found the issue to be caused by an entry in the Trusted IP list.

I'm glad you were able to address the issue. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

o: 817-601-3222 e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com