Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > SrchData.mrk and SrchIndex.mrk files

SrchData.mrk and SrchIndex.mrk files

[vitale, fabio]
fabio vitale
fabio vitale - 10:04am, Oct 8 2020

Hi, I am on Mdaemon v19.5.5 and I have found lot of files named
SrchData.mrk and SrchIndex.mrk in user folders. Some of them are quite
large (about 400 MB)

I cannot find any mention of those two file types in current v19.5.5
mdaemon user manual, so I searched the Internet and found an
explanation for their existence in MDaemon v14.5 User Manual.

The two file types on my server are all pretty old (somewhere in
2017) so my question is:

*can I safely remove all of them? *

Please note that I do not use ActiveSync.

[excerpted from MDaemon v14.5 User Manual]

ActiveSync Supports Server-side Mail Search

MDaemon's ActiveSync server now supports searching messages on the
server. Please refer to your ActiveSync client's documentation to find
out if it supports this feature and how to use it.

The search indexes are stored on the server in the folders being
searched, in files named SrchData.mrk and SrchIndex.mrk.

Server-side search support requires MDaemon Pro and active ActiveSync
Software License Renewal Coverage.