Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon AntiSpam > Archive > Spam honeypots

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon AntiSpam  / Archive  /

Spam honeypots

[Cramp, Edmund]
Edmund Cramp

Outlook Connector
WebAdmin
Edmund Cramp - 03:11pm, Oct 12 2020

Having a list of spam honeypots is a great feature in MD because it keeps the spam filter well up to date and if I start getting malware deliveries to honeypot addresses then I know we're under attack so I can bolt the hatches.

It would be nice if MD maintained a database of attempts to deliver messages to unknown addresses and then when a non-existent address starts getting hit regularly, adds it automatically to the honeypot list. If MD tracked the honeypot messages then it could remove addresses that are not being used and keep the list up to date in todays malware ridden world.

Arron Caruth - Oct 13, 2020 8:20 am (#1 Total: 1)

We’ll add your request to your wish list.

Thanks!

Having a list of spam honeypots is a great feature in MD because it keeps the spam filter well up to date and if I start getting malware deliveries to honeypot addresses then I know we're under attack so I can bolt the hatches.

It would be nice if MD maintained a database of attempts to deliver messages to unknown addresses and then when a non-existent address starts getting hit regularly, adds it automatically to the honeypot list. If MD tracked the honeypot messages then it could remove addresses that are not being used and keep the list up to date in todays malware ridden world.

View/reply at Spam honeypots

This list is for questions and discussions about preventing SPAM
using MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-anti-spam-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .