Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Imap folders subscription mechanism

Imap folders subscription mechanism

[Rasca, Luca]
Luca Rasca
Luca Rasca - 05:16am, Nov 6 2020

HI,
could you please explain me briefly how the subscription to imap folders work?

I thought the subscriptions setting could be different for each client used to access the Imap account and stored locally on the client itself and not a unique setting stored on the Mdaemon server.

This is because I noted that if I subscribe/unsubscribe a folder from, let's say, Outlook, the setting is riflected to Worldclient folders too.

I ask this because some users working from a slow connection at home prefare setting their home PC to sync only essential folders while mantaining the Outlook at the Office set to sync all folders. Thanks

Arron Caruth - Nov 9, 2020 8:37 am (#1 Total: 1)

IMAP subscribed folders are configured per account.  Each IMAP client that connects uses the same subscribed folder list.

Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

could you please explain me briefly how the subscription to imap folders work?

I thought the subscriptions setting could be different for each client used to access the Imap account and store locally on the client itself and not a unique setting stored on the Mdaemon server.

This is because I noted that if I subscribe/unsubscribe a folder from, let's say, Outlook, the setting is riflected to Worldclient folders too.

I ask this because some users working from a slow connection at home prefare setting their home PC to sync only essential folders while mantaining the Outlook at the Office set to sync all folders. Thanks

View/reply at Imap folders subscription mechanism

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .