Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > Archive > Issue opening PDF attachments after upgrade to v21

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  / Archive  /

Issue opening PDF attachments after upgrade to v21

Hello everyone

Upgraded server from v20.0.4 to v21 days before yesterday. Upgrade went
fine, as usual, everything seems to be working OK.
Couple of users reported weird issue, not being able to open some of the
PDF attachments on their phones (nothing reported regarding opening
those same PDFs from Outlook/webmail). Not all PDFs, but I didn't have
enough time to establish the difference between those that cannot be
opened and those that can. As luck would have it, bank statements and
official stuff like that are majority of those that cannot be opened.

All affected phones, at least those reported so far, are Android devices
(our iPhone population is much smaller), but different makes, OS
versions, mail clients, PDF reader apps,... so, I would not say that the
phones themselves are the problem. I can provide problematic PDFs if needed.

ActiveSync accounts/clients all of them, of course.

Anyone else noticed this?

Regards

  (older msg: 3)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - Feb 13, 2021 3:53 am (#4 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
Hello everyone

I can confirm that new MDAirSync.dll fixed the issue.

Thank you Arron

On 12.02.2021. 19:26, Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com (Arron Caruth) wrote:
> I've provided Aleksandar with an updated DLL that we think will fix the
> issue.
> If anyone else would like to help by verifying the fix, please contact
> me off list.
> --
> *Arron Caruth*
> Vice President of Product Development
> *o*: 817-601-3222 *e*: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com
>
> *M*Daemon Technologies
> Simple Secure Email
> Visit us on www.mdaemon.com <www.mdaemon.com> | Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/MDaemon.Technologies/> | LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/mdaemon-technologies> | YouTube
> <https://www.youtube.com/c/MDaemonTechnologies>
> Sent using the MDaemon Email Server <http://www.mdaemon.com/>

Arron Caruth - Feb 13, 2021 8:30 am (#5 Total: 5)

Fantastic, thank you for confirming the fix.  My apologies for the inconvenience.