Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 14:05:00 +0100
From: "Original Sender" <Original.Sender@domain_1.com>
Sender: "Original Recipient" <Original.Recipient@domain_2.com>
Subject: FW: Microsoft Teams Meeting
To: "New Invitee 1" <New.Invitee.1@domain_3.com>,
     "New Invitee 2" <New.Invitee.2@domain_4.com>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01D71424.22B98240

Dear Sir/Madam
Please join the below Microsoft Meeting

Regards

-----Original Appointment-----
From: "Original Sender" <Original.Sender@domain_1.com>
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 10:58 AM
To: "Original Recipient" <Original.Recipient@domain_2.com>; Original
Recipient B; Original Recipient C
Subject: Microsoft Teams Meeting
When: Tuesday, 09. March 2021. 10:00-11:30 (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin,
Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna.
Where: Microsoft Teams Meeting

In this case, we are domain_2.com and forwarded message keeps original
sender (Meeting organizer) in the From field.
What should be done to allow messages like this to pass?

Regards

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - Mar 8, 2021 1:34 pm (#3 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
Hello Arron
Thanks for the quick response

One more thing before doing what you suggested. There's a whitelist for
the SMTP Authentication, CredsMatchWhiteList.dat.
Note says:
# This file lists IP and email addresses that are exempt from the
requirements that
# the authentication credentials presented during SMTP AUTH match the
address found
# in the return-path or 'From:' header.

Back to my original example. In order to make this work, should I add to
the whitelist
  - Original Sender" <Original.Sender@domain_1.com> -> meeting
organizer who invited my user, or
  - Original Recipient" <Original.Recipient@domain_2.com> -> my user who
invited another two people to the meeting he was invited?

I prefer using whitelist(s) because it gives me some measure of control
over things. If I can add a list of selected meeting organizers here (if
option one above is correct) that would be really good, because in our
case this is not such a big list.
If option 2 is correct I would basically have to whitelist all local
users, giving up one of the tools used to fight various characters on
the Net posing as my local users.

Regards

Arron Caruth - Mar 8, 2021 3:43 pm (#4 Total: 5)

If you want to whitelist addresses, you would need to whitelist the address that is in the From header.  if we go back to your original example, you would need to add Original.Sender@domain_1.com to the whitelist.