Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > App Outlook in iOS

App Outlook in iOS

[Deus, Javier Meilán]
Javier Meilán …
Javier Meilán Deus - 01:19pm, Mar 9 2021

Since the last update of the Outlook app on iOS, Exchange synchronization has not worked correctly.

Since Yesterday, the synchronization of emails has stopped working.

With other Exchange clients it works, but let's use the Outlook client.

This happens to someone else.

  (older msg: 3)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Javier Meilán Deus - Mar 10, 2021 10:17 am (#4 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Javier Meilán …
The problem is in the ip's from where the outlook app connects.

The problem appears with the activation of location Screening.

We have had a high number of attempted accounts theft, and we have activated it.

The funny thing about the problem is that the IP that blocks is an IP from the USA, the Outlook app uses a different IP to request the connection to the mdaemon server

210310 115450912 I [0001E984] 0x41310048 Connection: 52.97.179.69 SSL=1 Method=POST Multipart=0 Language=es Content-Type=application/vnd.ms-sync.wbxml Content-Length=127 User-Agent=Outlook-iOS-Android/1.0

Do you require any authorization to use the activesync account?

Arron Caruth - Mar 10, 2021 10:51 am (#5 Total: 5)

Dynamic Screening blocks IP addresses based on the activity coming from those IPs, not based on the location of the IP.

If you want to exclude the IP addresses from dynamic screening you can add them to the dynamic Screening white list, but doing so will mean that the Outlook for mobile devices App will be allowed to fail authentication attempts forever without any penalties.  This is great for your users, they can’t accidentally block the IPs when they use the wrong password in Outlook for mobile devices, but it also means that anyone else can also attempt to authenticate without penalties.  So a malicious person could use it as a means of attack.

The problem is in the ip's from where the outlook app connects.

The problem appears with the activation of location Screening.

We have had a high number of attempted accounts theft, and we have activated it.

The funny thing about the problem is that the IP that blocks is an IP from the USA, the Outlook app uses a different IP to request the connection to the mdaemon server

210310 115450912 I [0001E984] 0x41310048 Connection: 52.97.179.69 SSL=1 Method=POST Multipart=0 Language=es Content-Type=application/vnd.ms-sync.wbxml Content-Length=127 User-Agent=Outlook-iOS-Android/1.0

Do you require any authorization to use the activesync account?

View/reply at App Outlook in iOS