Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Reinstall 16.5.1 on new server problems with double mails (outlook/.mdaemon setting?)

Reinstall 16.5.1 on new server problems with double mails (outlook/.mdaemon setting?)

[Leverland, Gerrit]
Gerrit Leverlan…
Gerrit Leverland - 07:16pm, Mar 9 2021

Hi,

I recently installed 16.5.1 on a new server. It went somehow ok, but how do I prevent that all my users get all the mail double the next day they login and checkk their mail.

Problem is that mdaemon or outlook thinks the users haven`t checked their email for some time so mdaemon sents everything again for a period of 14 days.

I know this is also a outlook setting ( leave messages on the server for (x) days.

So I know hwat`s causing this, however Ho do I prevent this ?

( I still need to do a reinstall of mdaemon on the new server since webadmin seems to be greyed out ? (corrupted ?), but I don`t want my users to once again get all their mail double for the last 14 days.

Greetings Gerrit

Gerrit Leverland - Mar 11, 2021 6:50 pm (#2 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Gerrit Leverlan…
Hi Arron,

Thanks for the explanation regarding the uidl data.

About webadmin. Everything is greyed out, and I also cannot make a selection. See attached screenshot.
Als in services the Mdaemon Remote Administration server is on automatic, however it aint running. Can`t start it either. It stop directly, but windows says it sometime does this by certain services.

I think i need to install mdaemon again as it seems that maybe the webadmin part is corrupted.
I did make a mistake I think, by copying the old data first, then installed mdaemon, and then id did a new copy of the then newer data (final migration step). I should perhaps have installed mdaemon once over since the last data migrated.

Greeting Gerrit

Attachments:

mdaemonissuewebadmin.jpg (110 KB) (138 Downloads)

Arron Caruth - Mar 12, 2021 8:02 am (#3 Total: 3)

If you open Services Manager  in Windows ( Windows Administrative Tools  / Services) does the MDaemon Remote Administration service exist?

What is the startup type set to?

If the startup type is disabled, change it to automatic,

Is the service running?  If its not running, can you start it?  If you start it does Remote Administration start working?  And are you able to configure it in MDaemon?

Thanks for the explanation regarding the uidl data.

About webadmin. Everything is greyed out, and I also cannot make a selection. See attached screenshot.
Als in services the Mdaemon Remote Administration server is on automatic, however it aint running. Can`t start it either. It stop directly, but windows says it sometime does this by certain services.

I think i need to install mdaemon again as it seems that maybe the webadmin part is corrupted.
I did make a mistake I think, by copying the old data first, then installed mdaemon, and then id did a new copy of the then newer data (final migration step). I should perhaps have installed mdaemon once over since the last data migrated.

Greeting Gerrit

View/reply at Reinstall 16.5.1 on new server problems with double mails (outlook/.mdaemon setting?)