Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Outlook Connector Discussion Groups > Outlook Connector Support > Calendar recurring appointments

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / Outlook Connector Discussion Groups  / Outlook Connector Support  /

Calendar recurring appointments

Hello,

if I want to edit the series of appointments, it takes a long time
(Outlook 2019 / MD-Connecotr 7.0.3).
After opening the appointment, I get a lot of Untitled Attachment is
displayed (see screenshot).
I didn't add any files to the appointment.
I add or change appointments in Outlook or in the Worldclient.

Greetings Martin

Martin Damerau - Apr 20, 2021 2:14 am (#1 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Martin Damerau

Attachments:

Calender.jpg (217 KB) (120 Downloads)

Tyler Davis - Apr 21, 2021 3:51 pm (#2 Total: 5)

Alt-N Technical Support

Photo of Author
Tyler Davis

RelayFax
SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
Is the issue only occurring for this one specific calendar, no matter the recurring event, or does the issue occur only when editing a specific reoccurring ever?

If the issue occurs on all calendars and all reoccurring events for the user, do other users experience the issue?

If you edit the reoccurring event in webmail, does it update quickly or take awhile the the MDaemon Connector client?

--
Tyler Davis
MDaemon Technologies

https://www.altn.com/Support/RequestSupport/

Martin Damerau - Apr 25, 2021 4:05 pm (#3 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Martin Damerau

The problem only occurs in the user's calendar.
I did not see this problem on the public calendar.

There are many .dat files with 1 KB in the Calendar / Attachments
directory. The content of this file:

This attachment is an embedded message (MAPI 1.0) and is not supported
by this e-mail system.

It is independent of the recurring event; it also happened at other
series appointments.
It can take a while to save in webmail because this user stores a large
number of appointments.
The appointment appears promptly in the MDaemon Connector Client.

Greetings Martin

Tyler Davis - Apr 28, 2021 4:10 pm (#4 Total: 5)

Alt-N Technical Support

Photo of Author
Tyler Davis

RelayFax
SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
How large is the user's Calendar.mrk file in the Calendar.IMAP directory (assuming this is the user's personal calendar)?

How many *.dat files are in the _attachments folder and what's the total file size of this folder? Do all events contain one or more of the "untitled attachment" attachment filenames? Meaning, if a new event is created, more invalid attachments are created?

I would like to inspect the calendar.mrk file and the attachments folder to verify if I can reproduce the issue. If possible, please use the link in my signature below to submit a support request with the attached data in a zip/rar/7z file.

Thanks!

--
Tyler Davis
MDaemon Technologies
https://www.mdaemon.com

https://www.altn.com/Support/RequestSupport/

Martin Damerau - Apr 29, 2021 7:47 am (#5 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Martin Damerau
I submitted the request to you.