Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Actvie Sync causes Outlook to Freeze

Actvie Sync causes Outlook to Freeze

[Bregler, Ryan]
Ryan Bregler
Ryan Bregler - 01:57pm, Jul 22 2021

Hello,

Got a client who was running MDaemon 15 (Old post here Ryan Bregler, "MDaemon 15 IMAP issues" #, 3 Feb 2021 2:06 pm ) and we upgraded to V20 shortly after and just upgraded to V21. The one client who uses the ActiveSync it causes Outlook to Freeze multiple times a day. Totally Random. Replying, opening an attachement, double click and email to pop it out. Outlook never unfreezes and force quitting it is only way to close it.

Things I have done:

Windows 10 fully updated to 21H1. Outlook was upgraded from 2013 to 2019. Made sure MDaemon was fully updated. Physical Server, PC, MDaemon Server reboots doesn't seem to fix any of the issues.

When outlook freezes we get a black bar (See attached). This OST file is just over 22 Gigs. He does have an Archive file that is almost 83 Gigs but I have also removed that and same thing.

Tried to activate the MDaemon Connector Trial and try that but it says that OC 7 no longer does trials?

Just using Windows Defender for Antivirus. Also attached is the All log from past two hours. Use is keith that locks up.

Attachments:

Capture.JPG (25 KB)

MDaemon-2021-07-22-all.log (5034 KB)

  (older msg: 4)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Ryan Bregler - Jul 28, 2021 2:10 pm (#5 Total: 6)

Photo of Author
Ryan Bregler
So this started pretty much since we install activesync a few months ago. They were just using IMAP before but it wasn't always listing all the emails in the folder.

I cleaned that stuck email. It was only dated back to the 7-23-21 though. I renamed the log files so that we can get a clean log.

Also, we have the same version of MDaemon and Active Sync on our server and also use the same email app on android (Different phones tho) and his has also stopped listed folder in the app (MailDroid) but my folders will come up. If I add his email to my phone, the folders do not come up either. Even added it as an exchange account in the Account settings on the android phone and it will list the folders but then won't load any email.

I know a few years ago one thing I did was backup his email and recreate his user profile and copy over just the email and folders leaving all the other stuff behind. I know it made everything see as if it wasn't read but that had fixed issues a while back.

I also just saw some special characters in his folders. Not sure if that was a big deal or not but I removed them just to be safe but no change on the folder listing on the phone.

Jared Charles (apparently) - Jul 29, 2021 5:41 pm (#6 Total: 6)

Jared Charles
Hello Ryan,

I am currently reviewing this ActiveSync issue that you are discussing with Arron.  I replied back to you directly with some additional questions.  Please continue working with me on this issue via e-mail.

Regards,
--
Jared Charles
Technical Application Support

From: "lists-md-support@mdaemon.com (Ryan Bregler)" <lists-md-support@mdaemon.com>
To: <md-support@mdaemon.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 14:10:32 -0500
Subject: [md-support] Actvie Sync causes Outlook to Freeze

[...]

View/reply at Actvie Sync causes Outlook to Freeze