Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in > After upgrade to v22 MDaemon reports ClamAV virus definitions out of date

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in  /

After upgrade to v22 MDaemon reports ClamAV virus definitions out of date

[Devecerski, Aleksandar]
Aleksandar Deve…
Aleksandar Devecerski - 03:07am, May 23 2022

Hi everyone

Upgraded MD to v22 last week, on Wednesday (May 18th). Since then got 2 notification emails like this one.

MDaemon AntiVirus has noticed that your ClamAV virus database have not changed in a while and may be out of date. Please review your MDaemon AntiVirus Updater logs.

----------------------------------
Date/Time of last AntiVirus update
----------------------------------
Sun 2022-05-22 18:00:30

------------------
Last update result
------------------
Success

-----------------------
Virus engine statistics
-----------------------
ClamAV 0.104.3
Signature version: 26545
Signature date: Wed May 18 10:03:47 2022

Antivirus log viewer says everything is alright and updated (attached screen and the latest AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater log.
Also attached (in ZIP archive) ClamAV's freshclam.conf & settings.ini, claiming signatures are from May 18th and last (successful) update run today.
Anyone else seeing this?

Regards

Attachments:

AV Log Viewer.jpg (123 KB)

AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater-2022-05-23.log (8 KB)

settings.zip (2 KB)

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - May 24, 2022 3:22 am (#3 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
Hello Arron

Issue seems to have resolved itself overnight. Or, maybe, thanks to the
couple of MD restarts during the day yesterday.
No new notifications, settings.ini has been updated.

- settings.ini ---
[ClamAV]
Version=ClamAV 0.104.3
SignatureDate=Mon May 23 10:05:39 2022
SignatureVersion=26550
[Updater]
LastUpdateRun=Tue 2022-05-24 08:00:10
LastUpdateResult=Success
[Log]
LastLogFile=E:\MDaemon\LOGS\\AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater-2022-05-24.log

Thanks for the assistance
Best regards

On 23.05.2022 14:40, Arron Caruth wrote:
> What is the value for the following registry keys?
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alt-N
> Technologies\AntiVirus\ClamAVDef\LastDBCount
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alt-N Technologies\AntiVirus\ClamAVDef\LastCheck
> Are there any errors in the ClamAVUpdater log?
> Has it been updating correctly?  What version of the virus definition DB
> does the update log show is currently on disk?
> If you open task manager and end the clamd.exe task, MDaemon will
> restart it.  When it restarts are the values of the registry keys updated?
>
> --
> *Arron Caruth*
> Vice President of Product Development
> *o*: 817-601-3222 *e*: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com
>
> *M*Daemon Technologies
> Simple Secure Email
>
> Visit us on www.mdaemon.com <http://www.mdaemon.com> | Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/MDaemon.Technologies/> | LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/mdaemon-technologies> | YouTube
> <https://www.youtube.com/c/MDaemonTechnologies>
> Sent using the MDaemon Email Server <http://www.mdaemon.com/>

Arron Caruth - May 26, 2022 1:11 pm (#4 Total: 5)

We found an issue and have released MDaemon 22.0.1a to the beta team with changes that we believe will fix the issue.