Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > I need an working example to create a contact in the user's folder

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon API  /

I need an working example to create a contact in the user's folder

[Schleicher, Holger]
Holger Schleich…

RelayFax
SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Holger Schleicher - 09:15am, May 13 2019

Dear list members,

we're trying to create a user in the public folder, based on the power shell script "CreateUserSample.ps1" in the samples folder. But whatever we try, we get an 401 Error back from the xml-api.

That's what we find in the logs:

190513 000010983 G Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server 19.0.0.1 Log file starting
190513 000010983 G 0x41350011 0x00000009
190513 000010983 G 0x41350010 C:\MDaemon\Data\MgmtWS.ini

There's no authentication error.

Does anyone has a working example to create a contact, including the auth-method used? We want to create contacts from our oracle database with either pl/sql, php or a script. Whatever works.

Kind regards,

Holger

DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Gesellschaft für Einkauf, Produktmanagement und Marketing
Weilmdorfer Str. 74/2
D-70839 Gerlingen

www.deha.de
www.tecselect.de
www.co2ntrol.de

Werden Sie unser Fan auf Facebook www.facebook.com/deha.elektrohandelsgesellschaft

Top-Job Top Arbeitgeber
Qualitätsmanagement nach ISO 9001:2015

Diese E-Mail wurde gesendet von DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Registergericht Stuttgart HRA 202313
persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz Gerlingen Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 204585
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Klaus Schmidt, Birgit Collmer, Daniela Blickle

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken!
Please consider our environment before printing this email!

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Keith Personett (apparently) - May 13, 2019 9:30 am (#1 Total: 10)

Keith Personett

An HTTP/401 error means that you have not passed any credentials. If you are creating a contact, you need to credentials in your HTTP request for an MD account that has permission to modify that particular folder.

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Keith Personett (apparently) - May 13, 2019 10:17 am (#2 Total: 10)

Keith Personett

Are you making sure that you are using Basic Authentication?

Either no credentials are being posted or the credentials you posted are invalid.

You should change the [Logs]::LogLevel in \MDaemon\Data\MgmtWS.ini to a value of 1 (Debug level logging) if it is set for anything other than that.

If you simply open a web browser to your API URL, and enter proper credentials, are you presented with the schema documentation?

401 Unauthorized (RFC 7235)

Similar to 403 Forbidden, but specifically for use when authentication is required and has failed or has not yet been provided. The response must include a WWW-Authenticate header field containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. See Basic access authentication and Digest access authentication.[33] 401 semantically means "unauthenticated",[34] i.e. the user does not have the necessary credentials.

Keith Personett, Software Developer, reenignE esreveR

MDaemon Technologies http://www.mdaemon.com/ or on Facebook

Sent using Outlook 2013 via ActiveSync Services for MDaemon Messaging Server.

I 16 1018

"You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed... walk it off!"

                - Steve Rogers/Captain America

An HTTP/401 error means that you have not passed any credentials. If you are creating a contact, you need to credentials in your HTTP request for an MD account that has permission to modify that particular folder.

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

md-api@mdaemon.com - May 13, 2019 12:17 pm (#3 Total: 10)

Holger,

here are a request collection for Postman and a test environment for that. There are three working examples of XML APIs inside (tested with the latest release of MDaemon).

  1. install Postman
  2. import the attached environment (MD XML API Environment.postman_environment.json)
  3. import the attached collection (MD XML API Examples.postman_collection.json)
  4. configure the environment with your server data (PROTOCOL, HOSTNAME, PATH)
  5. configure the collection's default authentication credentials (it is already set to Basic)
  6. run a simple request like GetDomainList to be sure that all is set correctly
  7. customize the minimal CreateUser request to your needs (see body and pre-request script)

To create a new contact in a user's contact list, you likely need to write a request for Operation=ItemOperation, with

  • path=MAILBOX/Contacts
  • type=contact
  • action=put
  • ...

but I never used it. Sorry.

Regards,

Emanuele

On 13/05/2019 16:15, schleicher@deha.de wrote:
Dear list members,

we're trying to create a user in the public folder, based on the power shell script "CreateUserSample.ps1" in the samples folder. But whatever we try, we get an 401 Error back from the xml-api.

That's what we find in the logs:

190513 000010983 G Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server 19.0.0.1 Log file starting
190513 000010983 G 0x41350011 0x00000009
190513 000010983 G 0x41350010 C:\MDaemon\Data\MgmtWS.ini

There's no authentication error.

Does anyone has a working example to create a contact, including the auth-method used? We want to create contacts from our oracle database with either pl/sql, php or a script. Whatever works.

Kind regards,

Holger

DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Gesellschaft fĂŒr Einkauf, Produktmanagement und Marketing
Weilmdorfer Str. 74/2
D-70839 Gerlingen

www.deha.de
www.tecselect.de
www.co2ntrol.de

Werden Sie unser Fan auf Facebook www.facebook.com/deha.elektrohandelsgesellschaft

Top-Job Top Arbeitgeber
QualitÀtsmanagement nach ISO 9001:2015

Diese E-Mail wurde gesendet von DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Registergericht Stuttgart HRA 202313
persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz Gerlingen Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 204585
GeschĂ€ftsfĂŒhrer: Dr. Klaus Schmidt, Birgit Collmer, Daniela Blickle

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken!
Please consider our environment before printing this email!

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Attachments:

MD XML API Environment.postman_environment.json (1 KB) (128 Downloads)

MD XML API Examples.postman_collection.json (6 KB) (141 Downloads)

Holger Schleicher (apparently) - May 15, 2019 4:43 pm (#4 Total: 10)

Holger Schleich…

RelayFax
SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Hi,

thank you Emanuele, we now are able to create a contact item either in the private or in a public contact‘s folder.

Problem is: when i add e.g. the private phone number in world client, it results in a duplicated contact item. What can I do to avoid this?

Kind regards,
Holger

> [...]
>> Please consider our environment before printing this email!
>>

>> --MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
>> This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
>> md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
>> --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------

>> These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user
>> support and discussion. MDaemon staff members may participate in the
>> forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
>> method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
>> support please use the form here:
>> http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
>
> <MD XML API Environment.postman_environment.json>
> <MD XML API Examples.postman_collection.json>

DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG Gesellschaft fĂŒr Einkauf

Produktmanagement und Marketing

Weilimdorfer Strasse 74/2

D-70839 Gerlingen

www.deha.de

www.tecselect.de

www.co2ntrol.de

Werden Sie unser Fan auf Facebook!

Diese E-Mail wurde gesendet von DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG & Co. KG

Registergericht Stuttgart HRA 202313

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH

Sitz Gerlingen Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 204585

GeschĂ€ftsfĂŒhrer: Dr. Klaus Schmidt, Birgit Collmer, Daniela Blickle

Bitte denken Sie an unsere Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken!

Please consider our environment before printing this email!

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Keith Personett (apparently) - May 16, 2019 8:50 am (#5 Total: 10)

Keith Personett

Holger,

I will attempt to reproduce this and if I can, I will file a work item for the XmlApi and develop a fix.

I would like to take a look at the xml Request and Response that are exchanged in the creation of the Contact Item.

Please zip them up and upload them to our ftp server

FTP Server  : smtp.altn.com

    Logon   : Uploader

    Password: incoming

[...]

Top-Job Top ArbeitgeberQualitÀtsmanagement ISO 9001:2008

Diese E-Mail wurde gesendet von DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG & Co. KG
Registergericht Stuttgart HRA 202313
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz Gerlingen Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 204585
GeschĂ€ftsfĂŒhrer: Dr. Klaus Schmidt, Birgit Collmer, Daniela Blickle

Bitte denken Sie an unsere Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken!
Please consider our environment before printing this email!

Holger Schleicher (apparently) - May 16, 2019 10:25 am (#6 Total: 10)

Holger Schleich…

RelayFax
SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Hi Keith,

i just uploaded a zip file md_xml_api_schleicher.deha.de.zip

with the following in it:

response.xml from postman

adrbook_after_create_via_api.txt from my addrbook.mrk after creating the item with xml api
--> the item is created with cid (and created also an id, uid, guid)

adrbook_after_modification_via_world_client.txt after modification of the created item in WorldClient (added homeMobile)
--> WC modified the item and removes cid, id and uid

adrbook_after_after_sending_via_api_again.txt after sending the item again with the xml api
--> as cid is not found in addrbook.mrk, a new item is created instead of updating the old one

I think, the problem is, that WC removing the identifiers except the guid and/or we do not get the created guid back in the response

Kind regards,

Holger

>>> www.tecselect.de <http://www.tecselect.de/>
> [...]
> Please consider our environment before printing this email!

DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG Gesellschaft fĂŒr Einkauf

Produktmanagement und Marketing

Weilimdorfer Strasse 74/2

D-70839 Gerlingen

www.deha.de

www.tecselect.de

www.co2ntrol.de

Werden Sie unser Fan auf Facebook!

Diese E-Mail wurde gesendet von DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG & Co. KG

Registergericht Stuttgart HRA 202313

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH

Sitz Gerlingen Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 204585

GeschĂ€ftsfĂŒhrer: Dr. Klaus Schmidt, Birgit Collmer, Daniela Blickle

Bitte denken Sie an unsere Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken!

Please consider our environment before printing this email!

Keith Personett (apparently) - May 16, 2019 11:46 am (#7 Total: 10)

Keith Personett

Thanks, I see what you are doing

When specifying a change to a contact, you MUST use the ID not the CID

CID is used upon creation to make sure that an http retry does not result in multiple insertions, but does not persist when another process has modified the item.

The id returned by the API is what you need to use to make any further changes to any item.