Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Remote Administration Discussion Groups > Remote Administration Support > Login to WorldClientis now without Admin possibilities

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / Remote Administration Discussion Groups  / Remote Administration Support  /

Login to WorldClientis now without Admin possibilities

[May, Klaus]
Klaus May
Klaus May - 11:51am, Jun 21 2019

Hi,
with the latest update (MDaemon 19.0.2 - 2019-06-13) my login to the WorldClient does work, but has lost it's Administrator options. I am the admin of the system, so I am sure, nobody has manually taken away any rights from me. Do I overlook the administration Options somehow, due to the new design (which looks nice, by the way)?
Kind regards
Klaus-Peter

Jonathan.Ehman@mdaemon.com - Jun 21, 2019 12:41 pm (#1 Total: 9)

Hello Klaus,

Which version of MDaemon did you update from?

Can you please provide the exact steps that result in your global admin access being disabled in Remote Admin?

Best Regards,

Jonathan Ehman
Senior Software Developer
b: 817-601-3222    e: jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 11:51:34 -0500, "Klaus May (lists-ra-support@mdaemon.com)" <lists-ra-support@mdaemon.com> wrote:
Hi,
with the latest update (MDaemon 19.0.2 - 2019-06-13) my login to the WorldClient does work, but has lost it's Administrator options. I am the admin of the system, so I am sure, nobody has manually taken away any rights from me. Do I overlook the administration Options somehow, due to the new design (which looks nice, by the way)?
Kind regards
Klaus-Peter

View/reply at Login to WorldClientis now without Admin possibilities
--RA-SUPPORT--------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussion about MDaemon Remote
Administration. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
ra-support-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

Klaus May - Jun 25, 2019 2:03 am (#2 Total: 9)

Photo of Author
Klaus May
Hi Jonathan,
I don't know from which version I started, but I usually update your programms always and immediately, as MDaemon gives me a lot of headaches, so I always hope for less problems.
So all I did, was simply updating, either MDaemon and/or OC. Now when I log in I cannot find the menu for the admin. Or maybe it's hidden somewhere with the newest design? Is there a screenshot, where I can see where it should be?

jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com - Jun 25, 2019 8:22 am (#3 Total: 9)

Hi Klaus,

The access point to Remote Admin from MD Webmail is a link in the Settings dropdown list called "Advanced Settings". If you're not seeing it, then there a couple of possibilities.

Please check for the ini key DisableWebAdminAccess in your User.ini, and in the MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini.

If you see DisableWebAdminAccess=Yes in any location, it may be the cause.

Another possibility is "Enable Remote Administration Access" could be disabled in the MDaemon GUI at Accounts -> Account Manager -> (your account) -> Account Settings -> Web Services.

Please let us know if either of these solve your issue.

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 02:03:42 -0500, "Klaus May (lists-ra-support@mdaemon.com)" <lists-ra-support@mdaemon.com> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,
I don't know from which version I started, but I usually update your programms always and immediately, as MDaemon gives me a lot of headaches, so I always hope for less problems.
So all I did, was simply updating, either MDaemon and/or OC. Now when I log in I cannot find the menu for the admin. Or maybe it's hidden somewhere with the newest design? Is there a screenshot, where I can see where it should be?

View/reply at Login to WorldClientis now without Admin possibilities
--RA-SUPPORT--------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussion about MDaemon Remote
Administration. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
ra-support-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

Klaus May - Jun 26, 2019 8:34 am (#4 Total: 9)

Photo of Author
Klaus May
Hello Jonathan,
I can see the button "advanced settings" (albeit in German), but if I press that menu item, it throws a 404 error (for the page "https://19x.16x.160.215/login.wdm").
It does so also, if I am switching to English.

Best regards
Klaus

Klaus May - Jun 26, 2019 8:41 am (#5 Total: 9)

Photo of Author
Klaus May
By the way: how can I see why a message is in the queue for being "defect" or "disturbed" (sorry, that's the translation backwards, but you propably know what I mean.

jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com - Jun 26, 2019 8:49 am (#6 Total: 9)

Do you only get a 404 error when going to Remote Admin from Webmail?

Are Remote Admin and Webmail being served up by the built in server or by another type of server (like IIS)?

If you go to the MDaemon GUI -> Setup -> Web & IM Services -> Remote Administration -> Web Server what do you see in the highlighted box?

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 08:34:20 -0500, "Klaus May (lists-ra-support@mdaemon.com)" <lists-ra-support@mdaemon.com> wrote:
Hello Jonathan,
I can see the button "advanced settings" (albeit in German), but if I press that menu item, it throws a 404 error (for the page "https://19x.16x.160.215/login.wdm").
It does so also, if I am switching to English.

Best regards
Klaus

View/reply at Login to WorldClientis now without Admin possibilities
--RA-SUPPORT--------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussion about MDaemon Remote
Administration. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
ra-support-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

Klaus May - Jul 1, 2019 12:46 am (#7 Total: 9)

Photo of Author
Klaus May
Hi Jonathan,
)Do you only get a 404 error when going to Remote Admin from Webmail?

How could I start Remote Admin in another way?

See below, this is how my config looks like.

Best regards
Klaus

Screenshot,DMaemon,2019-07-01

Klaus May - Jul 5, 2019 5:58 am (#8 Total: 9)

Photo of Author
Klaus May
Hi,
anybody has got any idea what I might try?

Best regards
Klaus-Peter

Leigh.Cain@mdaemon.com - Jul 5, 2019 7:55 am (#9 Total: 9)

Hello Klaus-Peter,

You wrote: "How could I start Remote Admin in another way? "

Jonathan is out of the office at the moment, so I will step in to assist you, if that's all right.

Remote Admin is is separate website and can be accessed by going directly to its address. Generally, that is the same text you would type into the browser address bar to reach WorldClient, but substituting the correct port number - for example, if you type http://webmail.yourdomain.com:3000 to go to webmail, then to reach Remote Admin, you can use http://webmail.yourdomain.com:1000

If you do that, does the Remote Admin site come up for you and show you the login page?

Thank You,

Leigh Cain
Quality Assurance Analyst
o: 817-601-3222 e: leigh.cain@mdaemon.com