Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > MD_SetAutoRespInfo and MD_GetAutoRespInfo

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon API  /

MD_SetAutoRespInfo and MD_GetAutoRespInfo

[Pohlmann, Charl]
Charl Pohlmann
Charl Pohlmann - 05:40am, Jun 28 2019

Good day,

I don't know if I'm just thick, or if there is a mistake in the API documentation, but I would appreciate some help.

The API documentation @ (a href='http://files.altn.com/MDaemon/release/md-api.html#MD_GetAutoRespInfo' target='_new')MD_GetAutoRespInfo(/a) shows the function signature as:
void MD_GetAutoRespInfo(
  MD_HANDLE hUser // handle to a valid account record
  MD_AutoResponder* AutoResponder // pointer to MD_AutoResponder struct
)

but then proceeds to talk about other parameters.

At first I thought that the parameters were simply passed in the same order in which they appear in the structure, but they are not, because the Start and End times are never even specified or passed.

Is this correct, or should I hang up my programming gloves?

Charl

Keith Personett (apparently) - Jun 28, 2019 7:51 am (#1 Total: 5)

Keith Personett

It appears to be a bug in the documentation…

Beyond the User Handle, the others are members of the MD_AutoResponder structure.

struct MD_AutoResponder

{

       bool Enabled;

       char Script[MAX_PATH+1];

       char Process[MAX_PATH+1];

       char Exclude[AUTORESPEXCLUDE_LEN+1];

       char AddToList[EMAIL_LEN+1];

       char RemoveFromList[EMAIL_LEN+1];

       char StartTime[TIME_LEN+1];

       char EndTime[TIME_LEN+1];

       bool PassMessage;

       int Days;

};

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Replies to this message
  • Charl Pohlmann (Jul 22, 2019 6:09 am)

  • Charl Pohlmann - Jun 28, 2019 8:25 am (#2 Total: 5)

    Photo of Author
    Charl Pohlmann
    Thanks Keith.

    I'll post again if I run into any issues.

    Charl Pohlmann - Jul 22, 2019 6:09 am (#3 Total: 5)

    Photo of Author
    Charl Pohlmann
    Replying to: Keith Personett (Jun 28, 2019 7:51 am)
    It appears to be a bug in the documentation… Beyond the User Handle, the others are members of the MD_AutoResponder structure. struct...

    Hello Keith,

    Can you please explain how the COM user API is used to set the schedule on an AutoResponse?

    Although the MD-API.html file talks about the autoresponse structure, which includes the fields for setting the schedule, this is nowhere to be found in the COM library.

    struct MD_AutoResponder
    {
      bool Enabled,
      char Script[MAX_PATH+1],
      char Process[MAX_PATH+1],
      char Exclude[AUTORESPEXCLUDE_LEN+1],
      char AddToList[EMAIL_LEN+1],
      char RemoveFromList[EMAIL_LEN+1],
      char StartTime[TIME_LEN+1], (== missing in COM library
      char EndTime[TIME_LEN+1], (== missing in COM library
      bool PassMessage,
      int Days, (== missing in COM library
    },

    These fields are absent when using the MDUser.SetAutoRespInfo function as explained in MDCOM-API.html

    In the attached images you will note that I am using C# to write a plugin, but that the COM function SetAutoRespInfo does not expose any parameters for setting a schedule. Is this an omission in the COM library or do I need to manually update the AutoResp.dat file? This seems counter intuitive.

    I am developing on 19.0.3b

    Thanks,
    Charl

    Capture

    Capture1

    Capture2

    Keith Personett (apparently) - Jul 22, 2019 7:12 am (#4 Total: 5)

    Keith Personett

    Charl,

    I’ve forwarded your message to someone internally that is familiar with our COM API (which I am not).

    Keith Personett, Software Developer, reenignE esreveR

    MDaemon Technologies http://www.mdaemon.com/ or on Facebook

    Sent using Outlook 2013 via ActiveSync Services for MDaemon Messaging Server.

    I 16 1018

    "You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed... walk it off!"

                    - Steve Rogers/Captain America

    This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
    md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

    http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

    jonathan.merkel@mdaemon.com - Jul 22, 2019 5:23 pm (#5 Total: 5)

    The COM API predates those fields and is not able to set them.  Please use the XML or C++ APIs to set them.

    --
    Jonathan Merkel
    Director of Application Development