Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > MDaemon Disabled??

MDaemon Disabled??

Ok, just got a call that the mail server was down.

Check the server and the service, in services.msc is Disabled?!

Enabled it, started it, needed to kill it and restart it but is appears to be back up now.

Checking logs, no idea what might have caused this.

Obviously concerned.

Thoughts?

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 3, 2019 8:22 am (#1 Total: 4)

Was the service stopped or disabled?  Stopped simply means it was not running and disabled means the service was set to state where it was not allowed to run.

Where there any dump files generated in the MDaemon\Dumps directory?  If there were, please zip them and upload them to our FTP server.

Are there any entries in the windows event log that show any of the MDaemon processes crashing?  If there are, can you send us the text?  This will give us some general information about what crashed, but its not enough information for us to fix it.

What does the MDaemon system log show for the time of the event?

Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

Ok, just got a call that the mail server was down.

Check the server and the service, in services.msc is Disabled?!

Enabled it, started it, needed to kill it and restart it but is appears to be back up now.

Checking logs, no idea what might have caused this.

Obviously concerned.

Thoughts?

View/reply at MDaemon Disabled??

Jim Aguiar - Dec 3, 2019 8:52 am (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Jim Aguiar
That's why this was such a mystery:

It was straight up disabled. And not running.

No recent dump files. No windows system, application log entries of anything obvious. Nothing crashing that I could see related to MDaemon.

MDaemon "all" log shows it just stopping and starting when I started it:

  • SNIP* Mon 2019-12-02 18:52:40.392: ---------- End partial transcript.

    START Event Log / MDaemon PRO v19.5.0, all log information
  • SNIP*

    I am the only admin on the system. No apparent access during that time from me, or my account(s).

    Just odd...

  • Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 3, 2019 11:37 am (#3 Total: 4)

    The only way I know for the service to become disabled is for something outside of MDaemon set it to disabled.  MDaemon does not set its own service to disabled.