Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon API  /

New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

When adding new accounts through the xmlAPI I can't seem to get the settings I want for "Remote Administration" settings. Specifically edit password so the user can change to a different password than the one we create for them.

My first assumption was that ALL new accounts inherited these settings.

I tried to include them in the request (see example) but still no luck.

The account gets created and has some settings per the default template but not the ones I need.

this is my request and response:

--- [Start request] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > Logging in ...
 > sending ...
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><MDaemon><API><Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip20</Mailbox>
<Details>
<FullName>spip20</FullName>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
<Password>XXXX</Password>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request></API></MDaemon>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--- [Debug response] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > recieving ...1459 bytes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MDaemon>
<API>
<Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip20</Mailbox>
<Details>
<FullName>spip20</FullName>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
<Password>XXXX</Password>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request>
<Response version="19.5" session="18301082" et="10.106285">
<Status id="0" value="0x00000000" message="The operation completed successfully."/>
<ServiceName>Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server</ServiceName>
<ProductVersion>19.5.0</ProductVersion>
<ServiceVersion>19.5.0.5</ServiceVersion>
<SERVER_NAME>XXXX</SERVER_NAME>
<DOMAIN>XXXX</DOMAIN>
<URL>/MdMgmtWS/</URL>
<AUTH_USER>XXXX</AUTH_USER>
<TimeStamp>2019-10-15T10:55:18.000Z</TimeStamp>
<Uptime>16 days 4 hours 41 minutes 50 seconds</Uptime>
<Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
<Result>
<User id="spip20" displayname="spip20" domain="mxxxx.com"/>
</Result>
</Response>
</API>
</MDaemon>
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

any assistance would be appreciated

  All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 5, 2019 3:53 pm (#1 Total: 9)  

Guest User  

Photo of Author
Posts: 1

I’m still investigating to see the EditPassword property is not being set during the CreateUser operation, but the following works in an UpateUser operation.

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<MDaemon>

                <API>

                                <Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">

                                    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>

                                        <Parameters>

                                            <Domain>test.com</Domain>

                                                                                <Mailbox>spip20</Mailbox>

                                                                                <Details>

                                                                                                <FullName>spip20</FullName>

                                                                                                <Password>Xx12XXX</Password>

                                                                                </Details>

                                                                                <RemoteAdmin>

                                                                                                <EditPassword>1</EditPassword>

                                                                                </RemoteAdmin>

                                                                </Parameters>

                                </Request>

                </API>

</MDaemon>

 

So as a work around, you can send an update user operation after the account is created and set the EditPassword property.

 

I’ll let you know what we figure out about the CreateUser operation is not setting the property.

--
Arron Caruth
Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

MDaemon Technologies
Simple Secure Email
Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

From: md-api@mdaemon.com [mailto:md-api@mdaemon.com] On Behalf Of Patrik Klevbrant (lists-md-api@mdaemon.com)
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:06 PM
To: md-api List Member <md-api@mdaemon.com>
Subject: [md-api] New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 

When adding new accounts through the xmlAPI I can't seem to get the settings I want for "Remote Administration" settings. Specifically edit password so the user can change to a different password than the one we create for them.

My first assumption was that ALL new accounts inherited these settings.

I tried to include them in the request (see example) but still no luck.

The account gets created and has some settings per the default template but not the ones I need.

this is my request and response:

--- [Start request] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > Logging in ...
 > sending ...
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><MDaemon><API><Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip20</Mailbox>
<Details>
<FullName>spip20</FullName>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
<Password>XXXX</Password>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request></API></MDaemon>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--- [Debug response] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > recieving ...1459 bytes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MDaemon>
<API>
<Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip20</Mailbox>
<Details>
<FullName>spip20</FullName>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
<Password>XXXX</Password>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request>
<Response version="19.5" session="18301082" et="10.106285">
<Status id="0" value="0x00000000" message="The operation completed successfully."/>
<ServiceName>Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server</ServiceName>
<ProductVersion>19.5.0</ProductVersion>
<ServiceVersion>19.5.0.5</ServiceVersion>
<SERVER_NAME>XXXX</SERVER_NAME>
<DOMAIN>XXXX</DOMAIN>
<URL>/MdMgmtWS/</URL>
<AUTH_USER>XXXX</AUTH_USER>
<TimeStamp>2019-10-15T10:55:18.000Z</TimeStamp>
<Uptime>16 days 4 hours 41 minutes 50 seconds</Uptime>
<Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
<Result>
<User id="spip20" displayname="spip20" domain="mxxxx.com"/>
</Result>
</Response>
</API>
</MDaemon>
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

any assistance would be appreciated


View/reply at New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 
 
--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrik K - Dec 5, 2019 5:12 pm (#2 Total: 9)  

 

Photo of Author
Patrik K
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Thank you for looking into it,

I took your suggestion and created an "UpdateUser" call after the account was created (somewhat modified) but ran into other problems instead..

some settings changed, the "DontExpirePassword" was NOT set with only create but did set to yes with the update call. The RemoteAdmin properties was empty though when I checked in the GUI even after update and I got an publicfolder warning?

--- [Start request] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > Logging in ...
 > sending ...
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><MDaemon><API><Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip22</Mailbox>
<Details>
<FullName>spip22</FullName>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
<Password>xxxx</Password>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request></API></MDaemon>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--- [Debug response] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > recieving ...1459 bytes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MDaemon>
<API>
<Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip22</Mailbox>
<Details>
<FullName>spip22</FullName>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
<Password>xxxx</Password>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request>
<Response version="19.5" session="1830108C" et="10.125834">
<Status id="0" value="0x00000000" message="The operation completed successfully."/>
<ServiceName>Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server</ServiceName>
<ProductVersion>19.5.0</ProductVersion>
<ServiceVersion>19.5.0.5</ServiceVersion>
<SERVER_NAME>xxxx</SERVER_NAME>
<DOMAIN>xxxx</DOMAIN>
<URL>/MdMgmtWS/</URL>
<AUTH_USER>xxxx</AUTH_USER>
<TimeStamp>2019-10-15T10:55:18.000Z</TimeStamp>
<Uptime>16 days 6 hours 43 minutes 26 seconds</Uptime>
<Operation>CreateUser</Operation>
<Result>
<User id="spip22" displayname="spip22" domain="mxxxx.com"/>
</Result>
</Response>
</API>
</MDaemon>
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

< CreateUser -> [0x00000000] The operation completed successfully. >
--- [Start request] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > Logging in ...
 > sending ...
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><MDaemon><API><Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip22</Mailbox>
<Details>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>

[Last Editor: Patrik K, Dec 5, 2019 5:14 pm. Total Edits: 1]

Patrik K - Dec 5, 2019 5:16 pm (#3 Total: 9)  

 

Photo of Author
Patrik K
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
<<< continued >>>
        <EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request></API></MDaemon>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--- [Debug response] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > recieving ...1295 bytes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MDaemon>
<API>
<Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip22</Mailbox>
<Details>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request>
<Response version="19.5" session="1830108D" et="0.052129">
<Status id="0" value="0x8135403A" message="Public folders are not enabled"/>
<ServiceName>Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server</ServiceName>
<ProductVersion>19.5.0</ProductVersion>
<ServiceVersion>19.5.0.5</ServiceVersion>
<SERVER_NAME>xxxx</SERVER_NAME>
<DOMAIN>xxxx</DOMAIN>
<URL>/MdMgmtWS/</URL>
<AUTH_USER>xxxx</AUTH_USER>
<TimeStamp>2019-10-15T10:55:18.000Z</TimeStamp>
<Uptime>16 days 6 hours 43 minutes 36 seconds</Uptime>
<Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
</Response>
</API>
</MDaemon>
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-> [0x8135403A] Public folders are not enabled >
> END

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 6, 2019 9:23 am (#4 Total: 9)  

Guest User  

Photo of Author
Posts: 1

I’m not sure if there was an issue copying and pasting the XML or if there is actually something wrong with it.  But the XML you posted to the group is wrong.

 

The CreateUser operation should be like the following:

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<MDaemon>

                <API>

                                <Request version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">

                                    <Operation>CreateUser</Operation>

                                        <Parameters>

                                            <Domain>test.com</Domain>

                                                <Mailbox>spip20</Mailbox>

                                                <Details>

                                                                <FullName>spip22</FullName>

                                                                <Password>xxxxxxx</Password>

                                                </Details>

                                        </Parameters>

                                </Request>

                </API>

</MDaemon>

 

The create user operation should be like the following:

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<MDaemon>

                <API>

                                <Request version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">

                                                <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>

                                <Parameters>

                               <Domain>encrypt.ssllock.com</Domain>

                                                                <Mailbox>spip22</Mailbox>

                                                                <Details>            

                                                                                <Frozen>No</Frozen>

                                                                                <Disabled>No</Disabled>

                                                                                <MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>

                                                                                <DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>

                                                                </Details>

                                                                <RemoteAdmin>

                                                                                <Enabled>1</Enabled>

                                                                                <EditFullname>1</EditFullname>

                                                                                <EditPassword>1</EditPassword>

                                                                                <EditFwd>1</EditFwd>

                                                                                <EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>

                                                                               <EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>

                                                                </RemoteAdmin>

                                                </Parameters>

                                </Request>

                </API>

</MDaemon>

 

Notice the <RemoteAdmin> node is inside the <Parameters> node.

 

Even using the requests that are posted in the groups, I’ve not been able to get the server to send this error:

 

<Status id="0" value="0x8135403A" message="Public folders are not enabled"/>

 

Do you get the same error when you have the <RemoteAdmin> node inside the <Parameter> Node?

 

Are public folders disabled on your server?   You can check this by going to Setup / Public Folder Manager.

 

Do you get the same error when the public folders are enabled? 

--
Arron Caruth
Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

MDaemon Technologies
Simple Secure Email
Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

From: md-api@mdaemon.com [mailto:md-api@mdaemon.com] On Behalf Of Patrik Klevbrant (lists-md-api@mdaemon.com)
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:17 PM
To: md-api List Member <md-api@mdaemon.com>
Subject: [md-api] New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 

<<< continued >>>
        <EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request></API></MDaemon>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--- [Debug response] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > recieving ...1295 bytes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MDaemon>
<API>
<Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip22</Mailbox>
<Details>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
</Details>
</Parameters>
    <RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Request>
<Response version="19.5" session="1830108D" et="0.052129">
<Status id="0" value="0x8135403A" message="Public folders are not enabled"/>
<ServiceName>Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server</ServiceName>
<ProductVersion>19.5.0</ProductVersion>
<ServiceVersion>19.5.0.5</ServiceVersion>
<SERVER_NAME>xxxx</SERVER_NAME>
<DOMAIN>xxxx</DOMAIN>
<URL>/MdMgmtWS/</URL>
<AUTH_USER>xxxx</AUTH_USER>
<TimeStamp>2019-10-15T10:55:18.000Z</TimeStamp>
<Uptime>16 days 6 hours 43 minutes 36 seconds</Uptime>
<Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
</Response>
</API>
</MDaemon>
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-> [0x8135403A] Public folders are not enabled >
> END


View/reply at New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 
 
--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrik K - Dec 9, 2019 5:02 am (#5 Total: 9)  

 

Photo of Author
Patrik K
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
I have changed the xml per your suggestion (moved remote tag into parameters tag).

The "CreateUser" still does not behave as expected and does not inherit the "NewAccounts" template settings. However your workaround is now working , the "UpdateUser" call now sets the RemoteAdmin setting the way I have them in the xml request.

I still get the message about public folders though(I verified that the public folder setting is indeed off in the GUI)

(I only included the last part of the call ie "UpdateUser", the first part CreateUser gives no error)

> Logging in to ...
 > sending ...
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><MDaemon><API><Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip24</Mailbox>
<Details>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
</Details>
<RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Parameters>
</Request></API></MDaemon>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--- [Debug response] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > recieving ...1308 bytes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MDaemon>
<API>
<Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip24</Mailbox>
<Details>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
</Details>
<RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Parameters>
</Request>
<Response version="19.5" session="08A7FF89" et="0.057419">
<Status id="0" value="0x8135403A" message="Public folders are not enabled"/>
<ServiceName>Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server</ServiceName>
<ProductVersion>19.5.0</ProductVersion>
<ServiceVersion>19.5.0.5</ServiceVersion>
<SERVER_NAME>XXXX</SERVER_NAME>
<DOMAIN>XXXX</DOMAIN>
<URL>/MdMgmtWS/</URL>
<AUTH_USER>XXXX</AUTH_USER>
<TimeStamp>2019-10-15T10:55:18.000Z</TimeStamp>
<Uptime>1 days 18 hours 47 minutes 48 seconds</Uptime>
<Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
</Response>
</API>
</MDaemon>
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

< InitUser -> [0x8135403A] Public folders are not enabled >

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 9, 2019 8:38 am (#6 Total: 9)  

Guest User  

Photo of Author
Posts: 1

Will you zip all of the .dat and .ini files from your MDaemon\app and MDaemon\Data directories and send them to me offlist?

 

I’m still not having luck reproducing the error you are seeing, which leads me to believe it is because of a setting that is different on my test server but I haven’t been able to figure out what it is.

 

If you are able to share your configurations, please them to me off-list at arron@altn.com. 

 

--
Arron Caruth
Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

MDaemon Technologies
Simple Secure Email
Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

From: md-api@mdaemon.com [mailto:md-api@mdaemon.com] On Behalf Of Patrik Klevbrant (lists-md-api@mdaemon.com)
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 4:03 AM
To: md-api List Member <md-api@mdaemon.com>
Subject: [md-api] New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 

I have changed the xml per your suggestion (moved remote tag into parameters tag).

The "CreateUser" still does not behave as expected and does not inherit the "NewAccounts" template settings. However your workaround is now working , the "UpdateUser" call now sets the RemoteAdmin setting the way I have them in the xml request.

I still get the message about public folders though(I verified that the public folder setting is indeed off in the GUI)

(I only included the last part of the call ie "UpdateUser", the first part CreateUser gives no error)

> Logging in to ...
 > sending ...
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><MDaemon><API><Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip24</Mailbox>
<Details>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
</Details>
<RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Parameters>
</Request></API></MDaemon>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--- [Debug response] ------------------------------------------------------------+
 > recieving ...1308 bytes
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MDaemon>
<API>
<Request encoding="utf-8" version="19.5.0" echo="1" verbose="1">
    <Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
        <Parameters>
            <Domain>mxxxx.com</Domain>
<Mailbox>spip24</Mailbox>
<Details>
<Frozen>No</Frozen>
<Disabled>No</Disabled>
<MustChangepassword>No</MustChangepassword>
<DontExpirePassword>Yes</DontExpirePassword>
</Details>
<RemoteAdmin>
<Enabled>1</Enabled>
<EditFullname>1</EditFullname>
<EditPassword>1</EditPassword>
<EditFwd>1</EditFwd>
<EditAutoResponder>1</EditAutoResponder>
<EditImapRules>1</EditImapRules>
</RemoteAdmin>
</Parameters>
</Request>
<Response version="19.5" session="08A7FF89" et="0.057419">
<Status id="0" value="0x8135403A" message="Public folders are not enabled"/>
<ServiceName>Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server</ServiceName>
<ProductVersion>19.5.0</ProductVersion>
<ServiceVersion>19.5.0.5</ServiceVersion>
<SERVER_NAME>XXXX</SERVER_NAME>
<DOMAIN>XXXX</DOMAIN>
<URL>/MdMgmtWS/</URL>
<AUTH_USER>XXXX</AUTH_USER>
<TimeStamp>2019-10-15T10:55:18.000Z</TimeStamp>
<Uptime>1 days 18 hours 47 minutes 48 seconds</Uptime>
<Operation>UpdateUser</Operation>
</Response>
</API>
</MDaemon>
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

< InitUser -> [0x8135403A] Public folders are not enabled >


View/reply at New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 
 
--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrik K - Dec 9, 2019 11:52 am (#7 Total: 9)  

 

Photo of Author
Patrik K
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
I have sent you an email with an attached zipfile containing the requested files.

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 9, 2019 5:06 pm (#8 Total: 9)  

Guest User  

Photo of Author
Posts: 1

Thank you for the additional information.  I found the issue and have submitted it to the developers for further review.

 

For now, you can work around it by editing the MDaemon.ini file and deleting the following key from the [Public Folders] section:

 

EnablePublicFolders=No

 

Once you’ve made the change, save the file and restart MDaemon.

 

MDaemon defaults to public folders being disabled, so this won’t enable the public folders, but it will allow you to work around the bug in the XML API.

 

--
Arron Caruth
Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

MDaemon Technologies
Simple Secure Email
Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the MDaemon Email Server

From: md-api@mdaemon.com [mailto:md-api@mdaemon.com] On Behalf Of Patrik K (lists-md-api@mdaemon.com)
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 10:52 AM
To: md-api List Member <md-api@mdaemon.com>
Subject: [md-api] New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 

I have sent you an email with an attached zipfile containing the requested files.


View/reply at New accounts added by xmlAPI will not inherit settings from "new Accounts" template

 
 
--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrik K - Dec 11, 2019 7:51 am (#9 Total: 9)  

 

Photo of Author
Patrik K
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
We have a service window this Thursday night, I will remove the "EnablePublicFolders=No", restart the server and get back to you with the result.

Thank you for your assistance so far.



  All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items



 Content:

Read New | Search

 Guest:

Email to Admin



You are visiting as a Guest user.