Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > Mapping Public Document fodler

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

Mapping Public Document fodler

[Rasca, Luca]
Luca Rasca
Luca Rasca - 05:15am, Mar 13 2020

Hello,
is there any way/tools to map/syncronize the "MDaemon\Public Folders\company.it.IMAP\document.imap" with a shared folder on the company server where company files/documents are stored ? I'd like to give access to those files via WorldCLient Document menu too.

Thanks
Luca

Arron Caruth - Mar 13, 2020 6:54 am (#1 Total: 5)

There are a lot of potential options, below are a couple:

The first option would be to move all the public folders to the share.  You can do this by editing the MDaemon.ini file and changing the PublicFolders key in the [Directories] section.  Save the file and restart MDaemon.  This will cause MDaemon to look in whatever path you specific for the public folders. You will need to move all public folder content to the path configured.  Also remember that MDaemon must be running as a user that has access to the location configured.  By default it runs as local system and does not have access to any network resources.

A second option, which is probably must easier, is to use a third party tool that can synchronize two directories. There are a number of utilities available, google will return a bunch of results. This seems like the easiest option to me.