Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Active Sync Calendar/Contacts

Active Sync Calendar/Contacts

[Bregler, Ryan]
Ryan Bregler
Ryan Bregler - 08:58pm, Jun 16 2020

So we upgraded to MDaemon V20 and got activesync.

Got an Android 10 phone, Motorola One Action to be exact. Now using the Outlook app I can sync the contacts to my contacts on the phone. The calendar is a different story. I did try adding my account as an exchange though the accounts options as well, but no syncing either way occurs. I can probably living with using outlook though just I don't use it for email.

Update on Above. After Removing it, then re-adding it, everything synced including the calendars into the Calendar App. Below is still a question.

The next thing is, is there a way to sync the Public Folders Calendar or multiple contact books as well? Have a lot of contacts and would like to separate the Companies vs contacts but that isn't a huge deal.

Thanks

Arron Caruth - Jun 17, 2020 7:10 am (#1 Total: 3)

As long as the Google Calendars app supports ActiveSync you should be able to sync your calendar.  MDaemon’s ActiveSync implementation supports syncing multiple calendars and contact folders, we even support the synching of shared and public folders.  There is no requirement to use Outlook for Android to sync your data.

The first thing I would recommend is just setting up email and your default folders.  After you set it up, if its not working check the AirSync log for errors.  You’ll also want to make sure you have the log level set to debug, which can be done by going to Setup / Mobile Device Management / ActiveSync / Diagnostics.  Hopefully there will be an error in the logs that will help us to figure out what is going on.

To enable the synching of public and shared folders via ActiveSync go to Setup / Mobile Device Management / ActiveSync / Client Settings, select the entry for the Global settings, and click edit.  At the bottom of the dialog there are check boxes to enable synching for the public folder hierarchy and shared folders.

So we upgraded to MDaemon V20 and got activesync.

Got an Android 10 phone, Motorola One Action to be exact. Now using the Outlook app I can sync the contacts to my contacts on the phone. The calendar is a different story. I did try adding my account as an exchange though the accounts options as well, but no syncing either way occurs. I can probably living with using outlook though just I don't use it for email.

The next thing is, is there a way to sync the Public Folders Calendar or multiple contact books as well? Have a lot of contacts and would like to separate the Companies vs contacts but that isn't a huge deal. The main thing is the shared calendars, and if the calendars can be synced with the Google Calendars app in the phone.

Thanks

View/reply at Active Sync Calendar/Contacts