Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Migrator > The selected Exchange Profile is not Properly configured, Please Select a valid Exchange Profile.

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Migrator  /

The selected Exchange Profile is not Properly configured, Please Select a valid Exchange Profile.

[Dyer, Paul]
Paul Dyer
Paul Dyer - 02:57pm, Apr 19 2021

Profile is a simple connection to my local Exchange 2016 server as a domain administrator. I can't get past this and the log is little help. Ideas??? we're evaluating MDaemon as a replacement for Exchange 2016.
I notice the manual seems to stop at Exchange 2007, is Exchange 2016 Supported with this tool?

[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] ---- Log file starting ----
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, Outlook version 16.13801
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, C:\MDaemon\App\MDMigrator.exe Version: 3.0.4.0
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, C:\MDaemon\APP\MDaemon.exe Version: 21.0.1.4
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, Loaded MAPI DLL: C:\Windows\system32\mapi32.dll
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, MAPI version 0, flags=0
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:55:51] ---- Log file stopping ----

Arron Caruth - Apr 20, 2021 7:33 am (#1 Total: 3)

What version of MDaemon do you have installed?

Is the MDaemon machine a member of the same domain as the Exchange machine?

Has MDaemon been started?

Is MDaemon 32 or 64 bit?

Do you have Outlook installed on the same machine with MDaemon?  What version of Outlook are you using?  is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Do you have an Outlook profile setup that has full access to all exchange mailboxes?

Is the MDMigrator.exe being ran as administrator?

Have you ran the following command to give the user access to all mailboxes in the store?

Add-ADPermission -identity "mailbox database" -user "serviceaccount" -ExtendedRights Receive-As

We have newer migration tool that also might work for you called the ActiveSync Migration Client, ASMC.exe.  It uses ActiveSync to export the data out of the server and creates a mailbox structure for MDaemon based on the contents that is exported.  You can find more information on it in the ActiveSync Migration Client.html file in the MDaemon\Docs directory.  The EXEs for it can be found in the MDaemon\app directory.

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 14:57:22 -0500, "lists-md-migrator@mdaemon.com (Paul Dyer)" <lists-md-migrator@mdaemon.com> wrote:
Profile is a simple connection to my local Exchange 2016 server as a domain administrator. I can't get past this and the log is little help. Ideas, we're evaluating MDaemon as a replacement for Exchange 2016.

[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] ---- Log file starting ----
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, Outlook version 16.13801
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, C:\MDaemon\App\MDMigrator.exe Version: 3.0.4.0
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, C:\MDaemon\APP\MDaemon.exe Version: 21.0.1.4
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, Loaded MAPI DLL: C:\Windows\system32\mapi32.dll
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:47:04] DEBUG, MAPI version 0, flags=0
[Mon 2021-04-19 12:55:51] ---- Log file stopping ----

View/reply at The selected Exchange Profile is not Properly configured, Please Select a valid Exchange Profile.
--MD-MIGRATOR-------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for questions and discussion of problems encountered
with the MD Migrator program.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list
send an email to md-migrator-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--MD-MIGRATOR-------------------------------------------------------------

Replies to this message
  • Paul Dyer (Apr 20, 2021 11:37 am)

  • Paul Dyer - Apr 20, 2021 11:37 am (#2 Total: 3)

    Photo of Author
    Paul Dyer
    Replying to: Arron Caruth (Apr 20, 2021 7:33 am)
    What version of MDaemon do you have installed? &nbsp; Is the MDaemon machine a member of the same domain as...

    Is the MDaemon machine a member of the same domain as the Exchange machine?

    Yesy

    Has MDaemon been started?

    Yes

    Is MDaemon 32 or 64 bit?

    64

    Do you have Outlook installed on the same machine with MDaemon? What version of Outlook are you using? is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

    Yes, 64 Bit Office 2019, and personally I think this is where the problem is. Is your software tested on newer versions of outlook where they're more "365" centric?

    Do you have an Outlook profile setup that has full access to all exchange mailboxes?

    Yes

    Is the MDMigrator.exe being ran as administrator?

    Yes

    Have you ran the following command to give the user access to all mailboxes in the store?

    Add-ADPermission -identity "mailbox database" -user "serviceaccount" -ExtendedRights Receive-As

    Yes

    We have newer migration tool that also might work for you called the ActiveSync Migration Client, ASMC.exe. It uses ActiveSync to export the data out of the server and creates a mailbox structure for MDaemon based on the contents that is exported. You can find more information on it in the ActiveSync Migration Client.html file in the MDaemon\Docs directory. The EXEs for it can be found in the MDaemon\app directory.

    My issue with this tool is it requires obtaining passwords from all users, plus some functions aren't imported?

    Arron Caruth - Apr 20, 2021 2:22 pm (#3 Total: 3)

    Hi Paul,

    It looks like you also have a ticket open with our support team for this issue, please continue working with them on it.