Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in > Anti-Virus Update Notifications

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in  /

Anti-Virus Update Notifications

[Silveira, Scott]
Scott Silveira
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Scott Silveira - 09:52am, May 30 2021

I notice I'm not receiving anti-virus update notifications after upgrading to v21.0.2.

From the release notes:
[24452] AntiVirus - Improved update notifications for Cyren AV and ClamAV.

Does this mean the per-update notifications were removed?

  All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron Caruth - May 31, 2021 8:19 am (#1 Total: 11)  

Guest User  

Photo of Author
Posts: 1
>Does this mean the per-update notifications were removed?
 
Yes, the new system sends notifications when the virus definitions have not been updated for X days.  
 
 
--
Arron Caruth
Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

MDaemon Technologies
Simple Secure Email
Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the MDaemon Email Server
 
On Sun, 30 May 2021 09:52:18 -0500, "lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com (Scott Silveira)" <lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com> wrote:
I notice I'm not receiving anti-virus update notifications after upgrading to v21.0.2.

From the release notes:
[24452] AntiVirus - Improved update notifications for Cyren AV and ClamAV.

Does this mean the per-update notifications were removed?
 
View/reply at Anti-Virus Update Notifications
--MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to 
md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
--POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user
support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the
forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
support please use the form here:
http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Replies to this message
  • Pierre Piraux (Jun 2, 2021 4:46 am)


  • Scott Silveira - May 31, 2021 7:03 pm (#2 Total: 11)  

     

    Photo of Author
    Scott Silveira
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 18
    Ok, thank you for your response.

    Pierre Piraux - Jun 2, 2021 4:46 am (#3 Total: 11)  

     

    Photo of Author
    Pierre Piraux
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 41
    Replying to: Arron Caruth (May 31, 2021 8:19 am)
    &gt;Does this mean the per-update notifications were removed? &nbsp; Yes, the new system sends notifications when the virus definitions have...

    Actually, when since using 21.0.2, we do not get ANY ClamAV update.
    Logfile states:
    ERROR: No DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror servers set in freshclam config file.
    ERROR: Unable to find DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror option(s) that specify database server FQDNs.

    Can you help?

    Replies to this message
  • Scott Schnegelberger (Aug 7, 2021 12:10 pm)


  • Arron Caruth - Jun 2, 2021 7:10 am (#4 Total: 11)  

    Guest User  

    Photo of Author
    Posts: 1
    Can you post your freshclam.conf file from the MDaemon\SecurityPlus\ClamAVPlugin\conf directory?
     
    --
    Arron Caruth
    Vice President of Product Development
    o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

    MDaemon Technologies
    Simple Secure Email
    Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
    Sent using the MDaemon Email Server
     
    On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 04:46:46 -0500, "lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com (Pierre Piraux)" <lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com> wrote:
    Actually, when since using 21.0.2, we do not get ANY ClamAV update.
    Logfile states:
    ERROR: No DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror servers set in freshclam config file.
    ERROR: Unable to find DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror option(s) that specify database server FQDNs.

    Can you help?
     
    View/reply at Anti-Virus Update Notifications
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to 
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    

    Edmund Cramp - Jun 10, 2021 6:58 am (#5 Total: 11)  

     

    Photo of Author
    Edmund Cramp
    Novice
    Novice
    Posts: 224

    MDaemon
    Outlook Connector
    WebAdmin
    This is just a note, I'm occasionally receiving notifications like this:

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MDaemon AntiVirus has noticed that your ClamAV virus database have not changed in a while and may be out of date. Please review your MDaemon AntiVirus Updater logs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ----------------------------------
    Date/Time of last AntiVirus update
    ----------------------------------
    Thu 2021-06-10 05:30:45

    ------------------
    Last update result
    ------------------
    Success

    -----------------------
    Virus engine statistics
    -----------------------
    ClamAV 0.103.2
    Signature version: 26196
    Signature date: Wed Jun 9 06:11:28 2021

    I have my checks configured to check for an update every 125 minutes so that I stay up-to-date, the notification scheduler is set to send a notification if they have not been updated for 1 day - so the message is not significant in this environment but if the setting were being read correctly I would not get the message. Just an FYI.

    Arron Caruth - Jun 10, 2021 7:35 am (#6 Total: 11)  

    Guest User  

    Photo of Author
    Posts: 1
     What does your AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater-$DATE$.log file show is happening?

    --
    Arron Caruth
    Vice President of Product Development
    o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

    MDaemon Technologies
    Simple Secure Email
    Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
    Sent using the MDaemon Email Server

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 06:58:37 -0500, "lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com (Edmund Cramp)" <lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com> wrote:
    This is just a note, I'm occasionally receiving notifications like this:

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MDaemon AntiVirus has noticed that your ClamAV virus database have not changed in a while and may be out of date. Please review your MDaemon AntiVirus Updater logs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ----------------------------------
    Date/Time of last AntiVirus update
    ----------------------------------
    Thu 2021-06-10 05:30:45

    ------------------
    Last update result
    ------------------
    Success

    -----------------------
    Virus engine statistics
    -----------------------
    ClamAV 0.103.2
    Signature version: 26196
    Signature date: Wed Jun 9 06:11:28 2021

    I have my checks configured to check for an update every 125 minutes so that I stay up-to-date, the notification scheduler is set to send a notification if they have not been updated for 1 day - so the message is not significant in this environment but if the setting were being read correctly I would not get the message. Just an FYI.


    View/reply at Anti-Virus Update Notifications
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to 
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    

    Replies to this message
  • Edmund Cramp (Jun 15, 2021 8:02 am)


  • Arron Caruth - Jun 10, 2021 2:02 pm (#7 Total: 11)  

    Guest User  

    Photo of Author
    Posts: 1
     Can you also send me the settings.ini file from C:\MDaemon\SecurityPlus\ClamAVPlugin\?
     

    --
    Arron Caruth
    Vice President of Product Development
    o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

    MDaemon Technologies
    Simple Secure Email
    Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
    Sent using the MDaemon Email Server

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:35:57 -0500, "Arron Caruth" <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com> wrote:
     What does your AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater-$DATE$.log file show is happening?

    --
    Arron Caruth
    Vice President of Product Development
    o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

    MDaemon Technologies
    Simple Secure Email
    Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
    Sent using the MDaemon Email Server

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 06:58:37 -0500, "lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com (Edmund Cramp)" <lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com> wrote:
    This is just a note, I'm occasionally receiving notifications like this:

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MDaemon AntiVirus has noticed that your ClamAV virus database have not changed in a while and may be out of date. Please review your MDaemon AntiVirus Updater logs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ----------------------------------
    Date/Time of last AntiVirus update
    ----------------------------------
    Thu 2021-06-10 05:30:45

    ------------------
    Last update result
    ------------------
    Success

    -----------------------
    Virus engine statistics
    -----------------------
    ClamAV 0.103.2
    Signature version: 26196
    Signature date: Wed Jun 9 06:11:28 2021

    I have my checks configured to check for an update every 125 minutes so that I stay up-to-date, the notification scheduler is set to send a notification if they have not been updated for 1 day - so the message is not significant in this environment but if the setting were being read correctly I would not get the message. Just an FYI.


    View/reply at Anti-Virus Update Notifications
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to 
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to 
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    

    Replies to this message
  • Edmund Cramp (Jun 15, 2021 8:19 am)


  • Edmund Cramp - Jun 15, 2021 8:19 am (#8 Total: 11)  

     

    Photo of Author
    Edmund Cramp
    Novice
    Novice
    Posts: 224

    MDaemon
    Outlook Connector
    WebAdmin
    Replying to: Arron Caruth (Jun 10, 2021 2:02 pm)
    &nbsp;Can you also send me the settings.ini file from&nbsp;C:\MDaemon\SecurityPlus\ClamAVPlugin\? &nbsp; -- Arron Caruth Vice President of Product...

    The log file is attached - I received a message at 6:24am reporting the update issue - clearly the next update went fine.

    Also, I just deleted an email that had been flagged as "Clean" but was infected spam, and just detected by the mailbox scan in the spam folder but the "Viruses detected" count does not record it - here are the deleted message headers:

    X-SPScan-Result: infected
    X-SPScan-VirusName: PDF/Trojan.QBYI-7
    X-MDBadQueue-Reason: (Mailbox Scan) WARNING! infected with virus (PDF/Trojan.QBYI-7)
    X-MDAV-Result: clean
    X-MDAV-Processed: mail.xxxxxxxxxx.com, Fri, 11 Jun 2021 03:54:35 -0500
    X-Spam-Processed: mail.xxxxxxxxxx.com, Fri, 11 Jun 2021 03:54:35 -0500

    It's only a minor issue but it means that I only discover the infection via a quarantine queue email, there's no virus detected message. I keep a months summery of these messages to try and monitor our attack levels.

    [Last Editor: Edmund Cramp, Jun 15, 2021 9:10 am. Total Edits: 1]

    Attachments:

    AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater-2021-06-10.log (6 KB) (124 Downloads)


    Arron Caruth - Jun 16, 2021 10:58 am (#9 Total: 11)  

    Guest User  

    Photo of Author
    Posts: 1
     We have an updated dll that should fix the issue with update notifications been sent incorrectly.  If you'd like to try our fix, please contact me off-list.

    Arron.caruth@mdaemon.com
     

    --
    Arron Caruth
    Vice President of Product Development
    o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

    MDaemon Technologies
    Simple Secure Email
    Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
    Sent using the MDaemon Email Server

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:19:07 -0500, "lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com (Edmund Cramp)" <lists-md-anti-virus@mdaemon.com> wrote:
    The log file is attached - I received a message at 6:24am reporting the update issue - clearly the next update went fine.

    Also, I just deleted an email that had been flagged as "Clean" but was infected spam, and just detected by the mailbox scan in the spam folder but the "Viruses detected" count does not record it - here are the deleted message headers:

    X-SPScan-Result: infected
    X-SPScan-VirusName: PDF/Trojan.QBYI-7
    X-MDBadQueue-Reason: (Mailbox Scan) WARNING! infected with virus (PDF/Trojan.QBYI-7)
    X-MDAV-Result: clean
    X-MDAV-Processed: mail.xxxxxxxxxx.com, Fri, 11 Jun 2021 03:54:35 -0500
    X-Spam-Processed: mail.xxxxxxxxxx.com, Fri, 11 Jun 2021 03:54:35 -0500

    Attachment: AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater-2021-06-10.log



    View/reply at Anti-Virus Update Notifications
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to 
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user 
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the 
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical 
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    
    --MD-AV-PLUGIN-------------------------------------------------------
    This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
    MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
    md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .
    --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user
    support and discussion.  MDaemon staff members may participate in the
    forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
    method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
    support please use the form here:
    http://www.mdaemon.com/Support/RequestSupport/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    

    Scott Schnegelberger - Aug 7, 2021 12:10 pm (#10 Total: 11)  

     

    Photo of Author
    Scott Schnegelb…
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 2
    Replying to: Pierre Piraux (Jun 2, 2021 4:46 am)
    Actually, when since using 21.0.2, we do not get ANY ClamAV update. Logfile states: ERROR: No DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror servers...

    Same here... since upgrading to 21.0.2, I get daily warnings about ClamAV updates not being current, but the logs and even the email itself seem to indicate that they are:

    Sent: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 8:22 PM
    To: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: MDaemon AntiVirus Warning - Virus definitions out of date!

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MDaemon AntiVirus has noticed that your ClamAV virus database
    have not changed in a while and may be out of date. Please review your
    MDaemon AntiVirus Updater logs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ----------------------------------
    Date/Time of last AntiVirus update
    ----------------------------------
    Tue 2021-08-03 20:07:03

    ------------------
    Last update result
    ------------------
    Success

    -----------------------
    Virus engine statistics
    -----------------------
    ClamAV 0.103.2
    Signature version: 26231
    Signature date: Wed Jul 14 07:05:45 2021

    ======== logs are full of *successful* update checks ========
    [Tue 2021-08-03 21:02:01] ClamAV update process started at Tue Aug 3 21:02:01 2021
    [Tue 2021-08-03 21:02:01] Tue Aug 3 21:02:01 2021 -) daily.cld database is up-to-date (version: 26252, sigs: 1966019, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 21:02:01] Tue Aug 3 21:02:01 2021 -) main.cld database is up-to-date (version: 61, sigs: 6607162, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 21:02:01] Tue Aug 3 21:02:01 2021 -) bytecode.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 21:07:03] ----- AVUpdater for MDaemon 21.0.2 Log file stopping ---
    [Tue 2021-08-03 22:02:01] ----- AVUpdater for MDaemon 21.0.2 Log file starting ---
    [Tue 2021-08-03 22:02:01] ClamAV update process started at Tue Aug 3 22:02:01 2021
    [Tue 2021-08-03 22:02:01] Tue Aug 3 22:02:01 2021 -) daily.cld database is up-to-date (version: 26252, sigs: 1966019, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 22:02:01] Tue Aug 3 22:02:01 2021 -) main.cld database is up-to-date (version: 61, sigs: 6607162, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 22:02:01] Tue Aug 3 22:02:01 2021 -) bytecode.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 22:07:03] ----- AVUpdater for MDaemon 21.0.2 Log file stopping ---
    [Tue 2021-08-03 23:02:01] ----- AVUpdater for MDaemon 21.0.2 Log file starting ---
    [Tue 2021-08-03 23:02:01] ClamAV update process started at Tue Aug 3 23:02:01 2021
    [Tue 2021-08-03 23:02:01] Tue Aug 3 23:02:01 2021 -) daily.cld database is up-to-date (version: 26252, sigs: 1966019, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 23:02:01] Tue Aug 3 23:02:01 2021 -) main.cld database is up-to-date (version: 61, sigs: 6607162, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 23:02:01] Tue Aug 3 23:02:01 2021 -) bytecode.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)
    [Tue 2021-08-03 23:07:03] ----- AVUpdater for MDaemon 21.0.2 Log file stopping ---

    That's an older set of data I grabbed from a few days ago, but here's the current (8/7/21) settings.ini showing the actual signature date is still from July 14 (the Security | Antivirus | AV Updater GUI panel confirms the same 7/14 date):

    [Log]
    LastLogFile=D:/MDaemon/Logs//AntiVirus-ClamAVUpdater-2021-08-07.log
    [ClamAV]
    Version=ClamAV 0.103.2
    SignatureDate=Wed Jul 14 07:05:45 2021 ((------------------
    SignatureVersion=26231
    [Updater]
    LastUpdateRun=Sat 2021-08-07 12:07:07
    LastUpdateResult=Success
    [ClamDLog]
    Enabled=No

    Does this mean that updates are happening fine AND ClamAV hasn't updated the signatures in 3 weeks?? The latter seems unlikely.

    There's no freshclam.conf file in there, so I can't manually run freshclam.exe to update and don't want to break anything in MDaemon by making one without direction. It's worth noting that when I DO clone that directory st

    [Last Editor: Scott Schnegelberger, Aug 7, 2021 12:12 pm. Total Edits: 1]

    Replies to this message
  • Scott Schnegelberger (Aug 7, 2021 12:13 pm)


  • Scott Schnegelberger - Aug 7, 2021 12:13 pm (#11 Total: 11)  

     

    Photo of Author
    Scott Schnegelb…
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Posts: 2
    Replying to: Scott Schnegelberger (Aug 7, 2021 12:10 pm)
    Same here... since upgrading to 21.0.2, I get daily warnings about ClamAV updates not being current, but the logs and...

    [reposting the last bit since it keeps getting chopped from my previous post]

    There's no freshclam.conf file in there, so I can't manually run freshclam.exe to update and don't want to break anything in MDaemon by making one without direction. It's worth noting that when I DO clone that directory structure and manually update, it definitely shows a gap between what MDaemon has and what's available:

    D:/MDaemon/SecurityPlus/ClamAVPlugin)freshclam.exe
    Creating missing database directory: D:/MDaemon/SecurityPlus/ClamAVPlugin/databa
    se
    ClamAV update process started at Sat Aug 7 12:58:39 2021
    WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
    WARNING: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.3
    DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav
    daily database available for download (remote version: 26256)
    Time: 1.9s, ETA: 0.0s [========================)] 55.08MiB/55.08MiB
    Testing database: 'D:/MDaemon/SecurityPlus/ClamAVPlugin/database/tmp.4b2438bcc9/
    clamav-4185e0fc2e8ffc64e54a445a08af61a4.tmp-daily.cvd' ...
    Database test passed.
    daily.cvd updated (version: 26255, sigs: 1966517, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)

    Received an older daily CVD than was advertised. We'll retry so the incremental
    update will ensure we're up-to-date.
    daily database available for update (local version: 26255, remote version: 26256
    )
    Current database is 1 version behind.
    Downloading database patch # 26256...
    Time: 0.1s, ETA: 0.0s [========================)] 14.45KiB/14.45KiB
    Testing database: 'D:/MDaemon/SecurityPlus/ClamAVPlugin/database/tmp.4b2438bcc9/
    clamav-f36c78421ad577e904b2f5d60dabe925.tmp-daily.cld' ...
    Database test passed.
    daily.cld updated (version: 26256, sigs: 1966658, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)

    main database available for download (remote version: 61)
    Time: 6.9s, ETA: 0.0s [========================)] 160.41MiB/160.41MiB
    Testing database: 'D:/MDaemon/SecurityPlus/ClamAVPlugin/database/tmp.4b2438bcc9/
    clamav-b763d15e998e5e05b34281d77320a61b.tmp-main.cvd' ...
    Database test passed.
    main.cvd updated (version: 61, sigs: 6607162, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
    bytecode database available for download (remote version: 333)
    Time: 0.2s, ETA: 0.0s [========================)] 286.79KiB/286.79KiB
    Testing database: 'D:/MDaemon/SecurityPlus/ClamAVPlugin/database/tmp.4b2438bcc9/
    clamav-e2636696f7f97a65b31d697aa74b67b7.tmp-bytecode.cvd' ...
    Database test passed.
    bytecode.cvd updated (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)



      All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items



     Content:

    Read New | Search

     Guest:

    Email to Admin



    You are visiting as a Guest user.