Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > ActiveSync error

ActiveSync error

[Silveira, Scott]
Scott Silveira
Scott Silveira - 10:15am, Mar 2 2020

Hi,

Two of our users are getting the following error in the AirSync log file:
Mon 2020/03/02 10:05:00.161: Info, [D8CFC4DA] 0x41338400 400/Bad Request: Device must be re-configured to honor protocol restrictions

They are both Android users. One is using Outlook, one the native email client. Email is not working on these phones.

We just upgraded to v19.5.4.

Can you provide more information on this error and maybe a possible resolution?

Thanks

Jared Charles (apparently) - Mar 3, 2020 7:30 pm (#1 Total: 2)

Jared Charles

Hello Scott,

I am not certain why the account that is set up in the stock mail app is experiencing the “400/Bad Request: Device must be re-configured to honor protocol restrictions” error, but the account set up in the Outlook app is likely experiencing this problem due to a protocol restriction that was added to MDaemon 19.5.4 to ensure calendar syncing works correctly with that app.

In either case, both ActiveSync accounts should start using the appropriate protocol if the users remove the ActiveSync account from the Outlook app and from the stock mail app on those devices and then add them back.  If they do this, I would suggest that they remove the ActiveSync account from the device, restart the device, and then add the ActiveSync account back to the app on the device.

Let me know if that does not address this problem on both of those devices.

Regards,

--
Jared Charles
Technical Application Support

Two of our users are getting the following error in the AirSync log file:
Mon 2020/03/02 10:05:00.161: Info, [D8CFC4DA] 0x41338400 400/Bad Request: Device must be re-configured to honor protocol restrictions

They are both Android users. One is using Outlook, one the native email client. Email is not working on these phones.

We just upgraded to v19.5.4.

Can you provide more information on this error and maybe a possible resolution?

Thanks

View/reply at ActiveSync error