Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > I need an working example to create a contact in the user's folder

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon API  /

I need an working example to create a contact in the user's folder

[Schleicher, Holger]
Holger Schleich…

RelayFax
SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Holger Schleicher - 09:15am, May 13 2019

Dear list members,

we're trying to create a user in the public folder, based on the power shell script "CreateUserSample.ps1" in the samples folder. But whatever we try, we get an 401 Error back from the xml-api.

That's what we find in the logs:

190513 000010983 G Management Web Service (64bit) for MDaemon Messaging Server 19.0.0.1 Log file starting
190513 000010983 G 0x41350011 0x00000009
190513 000010983 G 0x41350010 C:\MDaemon\Data\MgmtWS.ini

There's no authentication error.

Does anyone has a working example to create a contact, including the auth-method used? We want to create contacts from our oracle database with either pl/sql, php or a script. Whatever works.

Kind regards,

Holger

DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Gesellschaft fŁr Einkauf, Produktmanagement und Marketing
Weilmdorfer Str. 74/2
D-70839 Gerlingen

www.deha.de
www.tecselect.de
www.co2ntrol.de

Werden Sie unser Fan auf Facebook www.facebook.com/deha.elektrohandelsgesellschaft

Top-Job Top Arbeitgeber
Qualitštsmanagement nach ISO 9001:2015

Diese E-Mail wurde gesendet von DEHA Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Registergericht Stuttgart HRA 202313
persŲnlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Elektrohandelsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz Gerlingen Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 204585
GeschšftsfŁhrer: Dr. Klaus Schmidt, Birgit Collmer, Daniela Blickle

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken!
Please consider our environment before printing this email!

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Keith Personett (apparently) - May 13, 2019 9:30 am (#1 Total: 10)

Keith Personett

An HTTP/401 error means that you have not passed any credentials. If you are creating a contact, you need to credentials in your HTTP request for an MD account that has permission to modify that particular folder.

--MD-API-------------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Keith Personett (apparently) - May 13, 2019 10:17 am (#2 Total: 10)

Keith Personett

Are you making sure that you are using Basic Authentication?

Either no credentials are being posted or the credentials you posted are invalid.

You should change the [Logs]::LogLevel in \MDaemon\Data\MgmtWS.ini to a value of 1 (Debug level logging) if it is set for anything other than that.

If you simply open a web browser to your API URL, and enter proper credentials, are you presented with the schema documentation?

401 Unauthorized (RFC 7235)

Similar to 403 Forbidden, but specifically for use when authentication is required and has failed or has not yet been provided. The response must include a WWW-Authenticate header field containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. See Basic access authentication and Digest access authentication.[33] 401 semantically means "unauthenticated",[34] i.e. the user does not have the necessary credentials.

Keith Personett, Software Developer, reenignE esreveR

MDaemon Technologies http://www.mdaemon.com/ or on Facebook

Sent using Outlook 2013 via ActiveSync Services for MDaemon Messaging Server.

I 16 1018

"You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed... walk it off!"

                - Steve Rogers/Captain America