Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > An error occurred during the LetsEncrypt process. The error message is: The challenge Status is invalid for mail.mani.pt using alias mail.mani.pt_Cert_2019_09_637049086604674407. Visit the following URI for more information: https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/479791894

An error occurred during the LetsEncrypt process. The error message is: The challenge Status is invalid for mail.mani.pt using alias mail.mani.pt_Cert_2019_09_637049086604674407. Visit the following URI for more information: https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/479791894

[manfred.ell@mani.pt]
manfred.ell@man…
manfred.ell@mani.pt - 02:15am, Sep 24 2019
Guest User

Hi

I’ve set up LetsEncrypt a couple of months ago sand it has been working fine.
Upon scheduled cert renewal I get the following error vis email:

An error occurred during the LetsEncrypt process. The error message is: The challenge Status is invalid for mail.mani.pt using alias mail.mani.pt_Cert_2019_09_637049086604674407. Visit the following URI for more information: https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/479791894

I’m at a loss here as I’m not knowledgeable enough on certs.

Help appreciated

--
Manfred Ell, Dr. rer. nat., Dipl. Chem., MBA
MANI Indústrias Plásticas, S.A.

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Sep 24, 2019 7:25 am (#1 Total: 8)

To start with, I’d suggest visiting the URI in the log for more information.  It is not the most user friendly to look at, but there is lots of helpful data available.

Visit the following URI for more information: https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/479791894

Once you visit the URI you can see the status is invalid.  Looking at the detail you can see the URI that LetsEncrypt is attempting to connect to in order to complete the HTTP challenge, http://mail.mani.pt/.well-known/acme-challenge/ekifo-LpC9IN5PDEZlDmxmUqtiUABDTDrh5r8BL8iJM  You can also see that it is getting a 400 connection refused error.  Looking further down in the information you can see that LetsEncrypt resolved mail.mani.pt to 195.22.7.222.

"status": "invalid",
  "expires": "2019-10-01T06:57:11Z",
  "challenges": [
    {
      "type": "http-01",
      "status": "invalid",
      "error": {
        "type": "urn:acme:error:connection",
        "detail": "Fetching http://mail.mani.pt/.well-known/acme-challenge/ekifo-LpC9IN5PDEZlDmxmUqtiUABDTDrh5r8BL8iJM: Connection refused",
        "status": 400
      },
      "uri": "https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/chall-v3/479791894/0EOVvQ",
      "token": "ekifo-LpC9IN5PDEZlDmxmUqtiUABDTDrh5r8BL8iJM",
      "validationRecord": [
        {
          "url": "http://mail.mani.pt/.well-known/acme-challenge/ekifo-LpC9IN5PDEZlDmxmUqtiUABDTDrh5r8BL8iJM",
          "hostname": "mail.mani.pt",
          "port": "80",
          "addressesResolved": [
            "195.22.7.222"
          ],
          "addressUsed": "195.22.7.222"
        }
      ]
    },

When I attempt to open the URI provided in the details with a browser I also get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.  So for some reason, it looks like your web server is rejecting the connections.

Director of Product Development