Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > 19.5.0 Problems

19.5.0 Problems

[Hollyman, Chris]
Chris Hollyman
Chris Hollyman - 05:00am, Oct 18 2019

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 19.5 and run into some weird problems. My server is 2012R2, 32GB, i7 multiple SSD. I utilise IIS as a front end provider. I also use CertifyTheWeb to provide LetsEncrypt SSL. MD is installed to C under default conditions.

So I first noticed In the Plugins Tab that “c:\mdaemon\app\mddp.dll” could not load. To fix I copied over from the ISAPI folder to at least get it working, which it seemed to. I restarted Mdaemon and no errors and the autodiscovr server was responding.

Secondly I am getting this error in the logs:
191018 194927017 W [00001DEE] 0x81310170 Unable to authorize additional accounts, available license count is insufficient.
191018 194927017 W [00001DEE] 0x81310030 Account does not have permission to use ActiveSync
I have 250 license AS and am using 33 of them.

Thirdly I don’t get any information in the Plug-ins\Activesync or MDaemon Discovery Proocol or the AutoDiscovery tabs anymore. Is this just a setting?

Fourth on the list is if I enable Advanced Management Options in the Mobile Device Management Screen and Apply/OK it does not save the option or give me advanced options.

Fifth is I am getting lots of Client Expired Key from iphones. I have had this before and thought it was just isolated emails but for some clients it’s happening often and resync their devices when it does.

That’s it for the moment. I hope you can give me some insight as to what maybe happening.

Chris

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Oct 21, 2019 7:45 am (#3 Total: 15)

Hi Chris,

Sorry for all the issues.

What version did you upgrade from?

1). The MDDP.dll file should be in the MDaemon\ISAPI\MDDP\ directory. Have you installed any beta versions on this machine? Did the MDaemon 19.5 installer install MDDP.dll in the MDaemon\ISAPI\MDDP\ directory? If I’m understanding correctly, you copied the MDDP.dll from the MDaemon\ISAPI\MDDP directory to the MDaemon\app directory. This will work, but it means the MDDP.dll will never get updated. You should edit the plugins.dat file and change the following:

[Mddp]

DllPath=C:\MDaemon\ISAPI\MDDP\Mddp.dll

2). The fix you posted should have addressed this.

3). After fixing 2, are you still having this issue with the ActiveSync logs? Are the MDaemon Discovery Protocol and the Auto-Discovery logs working correctly? Is there information being logged in the MDDP and AutoDiscover log files? If you go to https://FQDN/mddp/ you should get prompted for credentials. In order for it to work you must have setup MDDP in IIS and you must have a valid trusted certificate. If MDDP is not working correctly, then Autodiscover is not working as it depends on MDDP.

4). I’ve been unable to reproduce this. If you enable the option, click apply and OK and then go to the MDaemon\Data\ directory and open the AirSync.ini file, what is the EnableAdvancedMgmtOptions key in the [System] section set to? If it is set to yes, does restarting MDaemon enable the advanced options in the UI?

5). I would expect devices sending expired keys to fix themselves. Is this happening or are devices still sending old expired keys? Anytime a device sends an outdated sync key the device should resync everything in the folder. This is the only way for the device to ensure the content for the folder is completely up to date.

Director of Product Development

I have just upgraded to 19.5 and run into some weird problems. My server is 2012R2, 32GB, i7 multiple SSD. I utilise IIS as a front end provider. I also use CertifyTheWeb to provide LetsEncrypt SSL. MD is installed to C under default conditions.

So I first noticed In the Plugins Tab that ?oc:\mdaemon\app\mddp.dll? could not load. To fix I copied over from the ISAPI folder to at least get it working, which it seemed to. I restarted Mdaemon and no errors and the autodiscovr server was responding.

Secondly I am getting this error in the logs:
191018 194927017 W [00001DEE] 0x81310170 Unable to authorize additional accounts, available license count is insufficient.
191018 194927017 W [00001DEE] 0x81310030 Account does not have permission to use ActiveSync
I have 250 license AS and am using 33 of them.

Thirdly I don?Tt get any information in the Plug-ins\Activesync or MDaemon Discovery Proocol or the AutoDiscovery tabs anymore. Is this just a setting?

Fourth on the list is if I enable Advanced Management Options in the Mobile Device Management Screen and Apply/OK it does not save the option or give me advanced options.

Fifth is I am getting lots of Client Expired Key from iphones. I have had this before and thought it was just isolated emails but for some clients it?Ts happening often and resin inv their devices when it does.

That?Ts it for the moment. I hope you can give me some insight as to what maybe happening.

Chris

View/reply at 19.5.0 Problems