Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Outlook Won't Start?

Outlook Won't Start?

I haven't quite put my finger on it but after a recent Outlook update it seems like any manipulation of the MD connector causes Outlook to not start. Sometimes I can fix it with a reboot. Sometimes I can fix it with applying Office updates. Sometimes I can use Microsoft's SARA tool or repairing office from the control panel to resolve the issue.

I am at the point where I expect the problem but I can't quite reproduce it on demand. It is driving me NUTS. It feels like MC is flaky. I can hook all the users up by IMAP - but my need is a shared calendar. If I can find an alternative to the MD shared calendar I can bail on the MC.

Anyway, just throwing this out there because I am crazy stressed and generally toast for a number of reasons and the mdaemon flakiness is causing me significant distress.

As I write this I am trying to reset my personal outlook/MC connection because 19.5 disabled the MC by default and I was using my personal machine to debug the issue. I removed my MC profile on Outlook and add it back. I have YEARS of email on there and it KEEPS FRIGGIN HANGING during sync. I will offering an apology for being overly emotional at the moment: but this sucks. MC keep hanging during re-sync and I need to keep closing and continuing, just like I used to have to do. This update to 19.5 required me to reboot my server. WTF? Rebooting == downtime. The reboot exposed a hardware issue (yay?) that left me offline for two days. Once back online I find MC no longer works. Once I figure out why I try to resync and I can't. I start working on user machines and it is a nightmare. One might work, another might not. What is with the flakiness? It would appear to use standard ports? I am not pleased.

I have been using MDaemon (alt-n) products for over twenty years and just re-upped my mdaemon license. Gluten for punishment, perhaps?

Apologies, alt-n/mdaemon. As I mentioned I am overly emotional at the moment and frustrated. I just want the software to work and it is not happening. Can we not ask dumbass users, "A new version of mdaemon connector is available, would you like to cause problems?" Understand that I am approaching this as an enterprise/managed product and users are dumb. Don't ask them any questions and make the product work.

While I have been writing this I have had to hard restart outlook several times because it keeps locking up during sync like it used to.

Please. Do better.

  (older msg: 8)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Nov 5, 2019 4:48 pm (#9 Total: 12)

Thanks for the crash dump.

This is an issue that was recently introduced by Office updates and it should only be affecting build 1909 of Outlook 2016.  Downgrading to Outlook 2016 version 1908 or upgrading to 1910 should fix the issue.  I believe you still have to be an Office Insider to get version 1910.  Some customers have also reported Windows updates fix the issues for them but we have been unable to confirm that.