Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Debug iOS connectivity options?

Debug iOS connectivity options?

I have a user w/ an iPhone 8. After upgrading to 19.5 his phone stopped working. It was connected via activesync/exchange. After the update I removed the domain in his configuration and it no longer appears to connect.

I have change password. Removed/readded him to ActiveSync. Rebooted his phone. Reset Network Settings on his phone. Updated to latest version. I have tried to login as me. IMAP works ok. CalDAV and Exchange options do not work. I tried on Wifi and on his cell service. IMAP seemed to not be able to confirm that the settings were correct and I needed to "Save Anyway" - but it works.

Here is the rub: I have other users working ok at the moment. Because it is just his phone I have to think it is his phone and not his account or anything like that. However: His phone was working prior to the update to 19.5. His access to other calendars and accounts appear to be functioning without issue.

So it REALLY feels like something is wrong with his phone BUT it only started once I updated to 19.5? Coincidence perhaps?

I am wondering if there are any suggested steps to debug connectivity from his device to the servers. ActiveSync and CalDAV are all running on IIS.

Thanks!!

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Nov 6, 2019 4:10 pm (#1 Total: 15)

Do you have the option disabled to require full email address?

What are you entering on the client to authenticated with the AS server?

We found a bug today where if the option to require the full email address is disabled and you only send the mailbox name, then authentication will fail. You can work around it by sending the full email address.

[...]

View/reply at Debug iOS connectivity options?