Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > Moving Mdaemon to new server with new folders

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

Moving Mdaemon to new server with new folders

[Stephan, Stephan]
Stephan Stephan
Stephan Stephan - 10:38pm, Jan 11 2020

I need to move my mdaemon installation to a new server/machine. I understand the process involves deactivating, copying the mdaemon folders and user folders to the new machine, and then installing the same version of Mdaemon over that, and reactivating.

BUT.. I also need to move the user folders and ideally the queues to different locations on the target machine.

I am not finding anything in the GUI to change folder locations.

Am, I correct that I would follow the procedure above (move/reinstall), AND THEN edit mdaemon.ini and change the entries under Directories, and additionally, edit the userlist.dat file to point to the new location I will have moved my folders to ?

Are there any other locations where I would edit folder locations ?

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron Caruth - Jan 17, 2020 9:10 am (#3 Total: 3)

Thank you for posting your questions here first so that others can benefit from the answers.  We try to answer as many questions as we can on the groups, but we can’t always get to all of them.  Please don’t hesitate to reach out the support team directly if you are not getting responses on our discussion groups.