Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Message that Crashes MDaemon LocalQ MD19.5.4

Message that Crashes MDaemon LocalQ MD19.5.4

[md-support, Simon Sutcliffe via]
Simon Sutcliffe…
Simon Sutcliffe via md-support - 12:34pm, Feb 24 2020
Guest User

Team

I have a dump of the MDProcess available and a message file that appears to stop the LocalQ processing.

Where should I upload it to and for who's attention?

Cheers

Simon

  (older msg: 4)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Simon Sutcliffe via md-support - Feb 25, 2020 6:16 pm (#5 Total: 8)

Hi Arron

Thanks for the response.  It was just his Iphone Cal.  Nothing he did directly.

We have not see this in any of the other messages from the user.

Kind Regards

Simon

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 07:54:00 -0600
Subject: [md-support] Message that Crashes MDaemon LocalQ MD19.5.4

In my test, MDaemon did eventually deliver the message, it took about 30 minutes though.  We are working on optimizing our code to improve  performance.

It looks to me like the message was created by Apple Mail, is that correct?

If you open the message in a text editor you will notice about 400,000 lines of gibberish.  Any idea why the client is including it all?

Does every message this person sends include the same thing?

If you can stop the client from including this, you will work around the issue.

Another option would be to put a limit on the size of messages they can send.

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:23:00 -0600

Hello,

You can upload the files to our FTP server:

Server: r2d2.altn.com
Username: Uploader
Password: incoming

Once the files are uploaded please let us know the name of the file(s) that you uploaded and I will take a look.