Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Migration to new server with fresh install

Migration to new server with fresh install

[Peek, Dan]
Dan Peek
Dan Peek - 11:43am, Mar 5 2020

Hello,
I need to move our existing MDaemon server installation to a new server. We have been running the current server installation for many years through numerous version updates. I have read the KB articles on how to do this. What I would like to do is to have a fresh installation (without all of the cobwebs from the years and updates) on the new server, and simply migrate all of our users and public folders to the new server.

Can you offer any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dan

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Jay Tolbert - Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am (#3 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert
Guru
Guru

RelayFax
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Mailing lists and their settings are stored as .grp files in the form
list@domain.grp in the MDaemon\App directory.  Probably can just copy
them to your new server as is.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.