Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > Mdaemon API Access via Postman

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon API  /

Mdaemon API Access via Postman

[Mclaughlin, John]
John Mclaughlin
John Mclaughlin - 02:28pm, Mar 6 2020

I am looking to access the XML api using Postman or SoapUI and need a clear understanding of how to pass the auth credentials.

410 A login request contained an invalid logon type value.

currently I am passing Logon and password as additonal header parameters.

  (older msg: 4)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

John Mclaughlin - Mar 7, 2020 4:00 pm (#5 Total: 7)

Photo of Author
John Mclaughlin
Replying to: John Mclaughlin (Mar 7, 2020 11:59 am)
I have the documentation returning when posting the following XML. GetDomainList Has anyone created...

All good now, I must remind myself to slow down.

Keith Personett (apparently) - Mar 8, 2020 10:02 am (#6 Total: 7)

Keith Personett

GET requests to the API port return the documentation. Make sure you are using a POST method.

I’ve never used Postman, in fact, I’ve never even seen it. I generally just write C/C++, Jscript, and a little PowerShell to access the API and the latter two to write the samples I provide in the help portal.

That is why my response on your Authentication question was how I personally construct the Authorization header, using a Base64 object I have for Jscript. By constructing the header manually, I avoid the initial un-authenticated attempt that the http request objects make.

Arron, who provided the Auth tip for Postman in an earlier response to your question, uses it to access the API quite a bit.

This list is for questions and discussions regarding MDAEMON's API.
md-api-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

http://www.mdaemon.com/support/request_support.asp

Arron Caruth - Mar 9, 2020 7:26 am (#7 Total: 7)

Hi John,

Examples in postman will just be the XML request you are sending. There are a number of examples, include the response you receive back, in the \MDaemon\Docs\API\XML API\Samples directory.

If you have something specific that you are having problems getting to work, please post the XML you are sending along with a description of what you are trying to accomplish and we would be glad to help you figure it out.