Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in > PDF's that can't be scanned are falsely called viruses.

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in  /

PDF's that can't be scanned are falsely called viruses.

[Caruth, Arron]
Arron Caruth
Arron Caruth - 07:30am, Jun 1 2020
Guest User

Can you point me to exactly what is leading you to conclude that the message is littered with fake virus warnings?

I see the X-MDBadQueueReason header which says the message is infected with virus (completed-transcript-0E37323141.pdf). I can see where this could be confusing. Unfortunately this cannot be customized.  We will look into improving the wording for a future version.

Is there other information that is included in the message that is leading you to believe the message is infected?  Or is it just this one header?

The body of the message states multiple times that the message was not able to be scanned:

SecurityPlus for MDaemon was not able to scan message attachment

The message has been scanned by SecurityPlus for MDaemon and was found
to contain an attachment that could not be scanned. Information on the
attachment and action taken is provided below.

Attachment Virus name Action taken
completed-transcript-0E37323141.pdf, NOT_SCANNED Message Quarantined

If you don’t like the messages included in the body of the message, they can be customized to fit your needs.  To do this go to Security / AntiVirus / Virus Scanning, then click the Warning Message button next to “Add warning to top of message body if not scanned.”

Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 10:50:56 -0500
From: "xxxxxxx xxxxxxx" (xxxxxxx@motion-labs.com)
To: pg-admissions@aber.ac.uk
Subject: Creative Writing MA Admission Documents

--0531-1550-56-01-PART_BREAK

--0531-1550-56-03-PART_BREAK

SecurityPlus for MDaemon was not able to scan message attachment

·  ****************************** WARNING ******************************* The message has been scanned by SecurityPlus for MDaemon and was found

Attachment Virus name Action taken
completed-transcript-0E37323141.pdf, NOT_SCANNED Message Quarantined

View/reply at PDF's that can't be scanned are falsely called viruses.

This list is for questions and discussion about AntiVirus plugins for
MDAEMON. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-av-plugin-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .