Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Duplicate incoming emails

Duplicate incoming emails

[Stephan, Stephan]
Stephan Stephan
Stephan Stephan - 11:59pm, Aug 16 2020

I use a smarthost to receive my emails and retrieve them using Mdaemon through domainpop. I have been doing this in this way for years with no issues.

Recently, I would say in the last month, although I have made NO changes to anything anywhere, emails are coming in in duplicate. Every incoming email is delivered to recipients twice.

What could be causing this, given that nothing in my configuration has changed ?

Mdaemon 19.5.3 running on a windows 10 machine (same machine it has always run on)

Arron Caruth - Aug 18, 2020 11:57 am (#1 Total: 8)

My first suggestion would be to change to receiving messages via SMTP.  I’m guessing you have your reasons for not doing it that way, so I won’t dwell on it.

What does the domainPOP log show is happening?  Can you include a snippet from the domainPOP log that shows a message being downloaded and delivered twice?

Are two messages being downloaded and parsed from the POP3 mailbox or is a single message being downloaded and multiple addresses are parsed out of that single message?

How do you have domainPOP configured to parse messages?  You can find all the settings at Setup / Server Settings / DomainPOP / Parsing

What options are selected on the Processing dialog?

Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

I use a smarthost to receive my emails and retrieve them using Mdaemon through domainpop. I have been doing this in this way for years with no issues.

Recently, I would say in the last month, although I have made NO changes to anything anywhere, emails are coming in in duplicate. Every incoming email is delivered to recipients twice.

What could be causing this, given that nothing in my configuration has changed ?

Mdaemon 19.5.3 running on a windows 10 machine (same machine it has always run on)

View/reply at Duplicate incoming emails