Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Duplicate incoming emails

Duplicate incoming emails

[Stephan, Stephan]
Stephan Stephan
Stephan Stephan - 11:59pm, Aug 16 2020

I use a smarthost to receive my emails and retrieve them using Mdaemon through domainpop. I have been doing this in this way for years with no issues.

Recently, I would say in the last month, although I have made NO changes to anything anywhere, emails are coming in in duplicate. Every incoming email is delivered to recipients twice.

What could be causing this, given that nothing in my configuration has changed ?

Mdaemon 19.5.3 running on a windows 10 machine (same machine it has always run on)

  (older msg: 6)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Stephan Stephan - Sep 16, 2020 4:08 am (#7 Total: 8)

Photo of Author
Stephan Stephan
Further to my prior message, I found the setting under EXTRA HOSTS and indeed for many years I was checking 2 accounts (actually aliases).

The secondary one had never ever received any emails in it, I think I had it set up to be checked only in the unlikely event that something did come in there. So it seems that GoDaddy made a change and has now been forwarding mails to that supposedly dormant alias and that is what caused the duplication.

Thank you so much for catching that, I probably would not have thought to look at the Extra Hosts setting since I had completely forgotten that that secondary alias existed.

Arron Caruth - Sep 16, 2020 7:22 am (#8 Total: 8)

Great, I’m glad you were able to figure out what was going!

Further to my prior message, I found the setting under EXTRA HOSTS and indeed for many years I was checking 2 accounts (actually aliases).

The secondary one had never ever received any emails in it, I think I had it set up to be checked only in the unlikely event that something did come in there. So it seems that GoDaddy made a change and has now been forwarding mails to that supposedly dormant alias and that is what caused the duplication.

Thank you so much for catching that, I probably would not have thought to look at the Extra Hosts setting since I had completely forgotten that that secondary alias existed.

View/reply at Duplicate incoming emails